Major research projects
- Unlocking the code to digital literacy: ensuring digital literacy capabilities for the 21st century, OLT Fellowship.
- A collaboration with Deakin’s School of Education and Grovedale College, a public high school in the Geelong region, to improve student engagement with the Year 9 digital technologies curriculum.
- Graduate employability: Deakin Graduate Employment Division and National OLT project on developing employability, Australian Computing Education Network.
- Contributing to the local computing education community through hosting the Melbourne Computing Conventicle.
- Collaborating with the Centre for Pattern Recognition and Data Analytics (PRaDA) to understand and apply a learning analytics model to support student engagement and retention.
- Collaborating with industry leader BrightSpace and FutureLearn to implement initiatives in digital education.
- Collaborated with Deakin’s Faculty of Health to improve web-based education resources for bipolar patients and carers.
- Collaborated with Deakin’s Faculty of Education to design, develop and implement an electronic, game-based app, for primacy school aged children.
- Investigated blended learning for classes in IT higher education. The experience of both students and staff documented the importance of team teaching to support and scaffold classroom experience.
- 2018 Philanthropic funding from the Lord Mayor’s Charitable Fund: $50,000
- 2016 National Teaching Fellowship from the Australian Government, Office for Learning and Teaching: $90,000