While IPAN doesn't have funding to support postdoctoral positions, we work with strong candidates to help develop applications to relevant funding schemes, including:
- Deakin University Alfred Deakin Postdoctoral Research Fellowships. These two-year fellowships are for early-career researchers.
- Heart Foundation postdoctoral and future leader fellowships. The National Heart Foundation of Australia offers funding for postdoctoral positions relevant to cardiovascular disease up to 10 years post PhD.
- Australian Research Council (ARC) Fellowships. The ARC offers both Discovery Early Career Research Awards (DECRA) and Future Fellowships.
- National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) Fellowships. The NHMRC offers a range of fellowship opportunities from early career through to senior fellowships.
- Endeavour Research Fellowships. These fellowships are administered by the Australian Government Department of Education, and provide funding support to non-Australian researchers from eligible countries to spend between four and six months in Australia.
- A number of international organisations offer postdoctoral funding for non-Australian researchers to spend time in Australia.
EMCRs at IPAN - supporting future research stars
Professor Kylie Ball, IPAN member and manager of the EMCR program, talks about the Institute's specialised program designed to connect, support and nurture Early and Mid Career Researchers (EMCRs) in their research careers.
m-Health to help parents enhance movement behaviours (physical activity, sedentary behaviour and sleep) for toddlers (Scholarship available)
An opportunity exists within Deakin University’s Institute for Physical Activity and Nutrition (IPAN) to undertake a PhD related to an NHMRC (National Health and Medical Research Council) funded project. This project will use an RCT design to trial an m-health program for parents of two-year-olds, empowering them to ensure their child has a more active play, less time sitting and gets enough sleep.