There are three forms of sanctions that we might use if you have overdue items:
- Suspension of borrowing
- Suspension of borrowing and access to library online resources, such as databases
- Encumbrance placed on student record
For more details, please visit the Targeted sanctions for overdue items page.
Lost or damaged items
If you lose or damage an item, please contact us to let us know. There may be instances when you will be required to pay for an item (e.g. if it’s severely damaged) and you will be sent an invoice for the cost.
For questions or more information, please email the Library Invoicing Officer.
If you don't contact us or make payment within 60 days of the invoice date, borrowing restrictions may apply.
If you find a lost item within 30 days of paying for it, you may return it and ask for a refund of the item cost. We are unable to refund full costs due to the time and resources spent processing the payment and refund.
If your library account is showing an item you:
- didn't borrow
- didn't receive
- have already returned
Contact us as soon as possible so we can help resolve the issue.
Review my problem
If you have:
- received an invoice that you are unable to pay, or want to query
- a suspension or encumbrance
Lost library card
- Make sure you report the loss of your borrower's card to us as soon as possible.
- You may be held responsible for card use before we are notified.
- Contact Deakin Central for a replacement card.
Change your contact details
Remember to keep your details up to date so you receive borrowing notifications.
How to change your contact details:
- Students: in Student Connect
- Staff: in DeakinPeople
- Other members: contact us