Streaming videos and music
Deakin Library subscribes to many streaming video and music collections. These services offer a huge range of documentaries, feature films, Australian current affairs, rare historical footage, sound effects and more.
Videos and music provide alternative ways of learning and can add richness to your research. No matter what you study, you will find something of value in these collections.
Browse our streaming collections
- A-Z list of streaming video collections
- Popular music and sound effect collections
- Deakin Library YouTube channel
Popular video collections
- Informit EduTV - access TV shows, feature films and documentaries broadcast on Australian television from 2006 onwards. Learn more about Informit EduTV.
- TV News - offers Australian television news, current affairs and selected documentaries from the free-to-air networks
- Kanopy - provides critically acclaimed movies, documentaries, award-winning foreign films and more. Learn more about Kanopy.
- Alexander Street Video - covers Australasian content, current affairs, and videos on a range of subject areas. Learn more about Alexander Street Video.
- TED Talks - includes videos from expert speakers on subjects including education, business, science, technology and more.
Source: Kanopy, Inc.
Popular music and sound effect collections
- Naxos Music Library - a large online music collection that covers Classical, Blues, Jazz and World Music. Naxos Music Library provides recordings, album notes, composer and artist biographies, reference materials and more.
- Music Online: Performance in Video - the largest and most comprehensive video resource for the study of classical music. This collection includes 200 full operas and 75 dance titles, as well as masterclasses, documentaries, and interviews.
- ZapSplat - provides thousands of free sound effects and royalty free music.