Data Management Checklist
The Data Management Checklist is designed as a preliminary guide to walk you through the most important steps of the data management cycle and provide you easy access to key resources and tips.
You can use this checklist to:
- Start thinking about your data management plan,
- Describe and organise your data for reuse and discovery,
- Store and protect your data for long-term preservation,
- Collaboratively create and use data with other researchers,
- Share and publish your data,
- Access key data management resources and tools (national and institutional),
- Initiate a conversation on your data management needs with your supervisor(s).
Research Data Footprints
Research Data Footprints is a tool that will enable you to create a data management plan. You can also use it to describe your data collections for:
- Possible publication.
Note: Please use Firefox to access Research Data Footprints. There are known issues with Internet Explorer.
Research Data Store
The Research Data Store (RDS) is a tool for data storage space on Deakin’s infrastructure. You can use this storage space for your project. You can also publish data to the wider world with the RDS by linking to it from a record in DRO.
You can access the RDS through the standard mapped network drives. You can also access storage provisioned through the RDS via an interactive server. For those of you who are familiar with Unix command line will find this useful to pull and push data from the RDS. Information on how to access this is in the wiki.