Linking directly to resources in CloudDeakin
How can you embed links to resources to encourage student engagement?
Linking directly to resources in your weekly content can reduce student questions around access, improve student experience and encourage engagement with those resources.
How to link directly to resources in CloudDeakin:
- Ensure that you have a stable link for the resource. Tip: You’ll know it’s a stable link by the presence of ezproxy in the URL. (Not sure how to get a stable link? See the guide on building a stable link)
- Go to your unit site in CloudDeakin.
- Open the HTML file where you want to embed the link and click ‘Edit HTML’.
- Highlight the text you want to hyperlink and click the ‘insert stuff’ button:
- Click ‘Insert link’. Then enter the URL of the resource and click ‘Next’.
- Enter the text you want the link to display, e.g. the reference details of the resource. Click ‘Insert’.
- Once the link has been inserted, click ‘Update’ to save the file.
- The resource will now be directly linked in the CloudDeakin content. Test the link to ensure it works.
Note: If you use ‘quick link’ to embed your stable link, it will not work. Always use the ‘insert stuff’ button.
If you need further assistance, contact your librarian.