Make a booking enquiry
Get in touch for more information about availability and rates.
Groups are our speciality
(late October – mid February)
Our university-style accommodation is perfect for groups of any size with over 1100 rooms in our precinct. With a wide variety of room types and configurations available, we are able to look after groups of various sizes and make your time in Melbourne comfortable and affordable.
We enjoy welcoming travelling professionals who can have all the comforts of home at an affordable price, not far from everything Melbourne has to offer. Our studio rooms are available all year round.
We have a number of room types in shared apartments and units, all with individual bedrooms and spacious communal areas, as well as self-contained studios for more privacy. All of our spaces are clean and well maintained, with bedding and linen provided.
We have a range of accommodation types:
- studio apartment (single self-contained apartments)
- shared apartments (4–6 bedrooms with a shared kitchen, living area and bathrooms) some with air conditioning in common areas
- shared units (units of 10 private bedrooms with a shared kitchen, living area and bathrooms).
We have everything you need
Our rooms include the following features and amenities:
- 24/7 staff support and security
- access to meeting rooms in our precinct.
- check in time of 2pm, check out time of 10am
- Deakin Guest Internet (please note that we do not manage this service)
- food outlets on campus to cater for your group
- free laundry, just bring your own detergent
- heating in rooms
- ironing facilities in our laundries (no hair dryers are provided)
- large recreation areas which include: movie room, pool tables, table tennis tables and BBQs
- linen and basic kitchen utensils
- some apartment styles have air conditioning in common areas – please refer to our room type information
- supermarkets and shopping centres are accessible by public transport, including buses and trams.
Get the most out of your stay with us and utilise our state-of-the-art meeting rooms and recreation facilities for group activities.
Full payment must be made at the time of booking. There's a full refund if we're advised 72 hours prior to the arrival day.
Bookings are non-refundable after 72 hours prior to arrival day, based on an arrival time of 2pm.
What's the difference between a hotel and a college/residence?
While we're happy to provide accommodation to external guests when we can, we're first and foremost a home to our student residents.
In addition to accommodation, we endeavour to provide students with academic, social and pastoral care and support. Also, no room service or wake up calls, sorry!
Is linen provided and do I need to clean?
All bedding and linen is provided. Service cleaning is provided at intervals based on the length of your stay. Please check with reception staff for details.
Smoking's prohibited on all University grounds and inside any University buildings, including rooms.
Residences and short-stay guests, however, have specific designated smoking areas that permit smoking for residents and short-stay guests only.
Residents or short-stay guests found smoking outside of these areas may incur a fine and disciplinary action.
Our 2020/2021 rates
Short stay rates start at $74 per night. Discounted rates are available to Deakin staff and students and external guests booking longer stays. Contact us to find out more.
|Private bedroom with shared living||From $74 per night|
|Studio apartment||From $93 per night|
Burwood short-stay accommodation
+61 3 9251 7671
Email Burwood accommodation