Your personal study hub, providing easy access to everything you need to succeed at Deakin. Through DeakinSync you can:
- access your units in CloudDeakin
- manage your enrolment and pay your fees
- manage your inbox and calendar
- message, video chat and collaborate with your peers on Skype
- utilise up to 1TB of secure, backed-up personal storage
- download free Microsoft Office software
- join or create your own public and private communities, including course-based and personalised study groups.
Your new personal assistant – Genie is ready to answer your questions, and make sure you keep on top of your studies. A voice-controlled smartphone app, Genie is with you 24/7 to ensure you feel supported, organised and in control throughout your studies.
Genie has a whole host of features to help you manage your studies, including:
- 24/7 Q&A service
- access to learning resources
- assignment due dates
- assistance with referencing
- conversational user interface
- important dates
- library loans and holds
- voice and text controlled.
How Genie works
Deakin's Genie App is a smart personal assistant, designed to help you succeed.
Running late trying to find a lecture theatre? Looking for a place to eat? Deakin Scout can help you navigate your way around campus with ease.
Scout is your smart, personalised navigation and wayfinding app that provides location-based services. It calculates the fastest route and gives you step-by-step directions to locations on each of our campuses, even inside buildings and across floors. You can locate essential facilities and services, search for your classroom or meeting room, or find somewhere to eat.
All students have free access to LinkedIn Learning – an online library of more than 4000 courses. Learn how to use the latest software or brush up on creative and business skills.
Deakin Card is your personal ID on campus. Pay for lunch, borrow library books, access computer labs or subscribe to memberships. Your Deakin Card is your key to university life.