The centre at a glance
- The learning centre provides facilities and support to all Deakin students, including those studying online via the Cloud or at a campus.
- Just like you'd find at one of our campuses, there's access to a study room and other learning resources.
- The learning centre is part of the Hume Global Learning Centre, so you also have access to the Craigieburn library and occasional child care.
- Rooms with the latest audiovisual equipment are available for hire to host events, workshops and training.
- The centre has full disability access.
Craigieburn train station is just over three kilometres from the learning centre, with direct connections to and from the Melbourne CBD.
Bus number 529 provides direct connection from Craigieburn train station to Central Park Avenue. Get off at Central Park Avenue for a five-minute walk to the learning centre.
The learning centre is about 40 minutes away from Melbourne by car, depending on traffic.
- Take the M2 north
- Take the Western Ring Road/M80 towards Fawkner
- Take the Sydney Road exit and follow it to Craigieburn Road/C722
- Turn right onto Aitken Boulevard
- Turn left onto Central Park Avenue.
Free parking is available in the car park directly behind the centre.
Centre staff (available on Mondays and Wednesdays) can assist you with a range of support services including:
- course advice
- scholarship applications
- class and seminar timetables
- individual support such as applying for special consideration
- advice and referral to other appropriate student services
- room bookings.
Enhanced Mentor Services
From the start of Trimester 2, you can access face to face support services and student assistance at our centre in Craigieburn. Learning Centre Mentors will be the first point of contact for academic support, such as assistance with writing and maths queries, plus study advice and referral to other services.
These special mentors are successful Deakin students who are experienced writing, maths or unit mentors. They have completed additional training so that they can assist you with a broader range of queries including study planning, problem solving and course related information.
Your Learning Centre Mentors will be available throughout the trimester (except 23 December 2019 – 10 January 2020) on:
- Monday 1–3pm
- Wednesday 5–7pm.