Live near Craigieburn? Here's your opportunity to begin studying at Deakin. You'll be taught on-screen by university lecturers and have ample support from on-site tutors.
Craigieburn train station is just over three kilometres from the learning centre, with direct connections to and from the Melbourne CBD.
Bus number 529 provides direct connection from Craigieburn train station to Central Park Avenue. Get off at Central Park Avenue for a five-minute walk to the learning centre.
By car, the learning centre is about 40 minutes away from Melbourne, depending on traffic.
- Take the M2 north
- Take the Western Ring Road/M80 towards Fawkner
- Take the Sydney Road exit and follow it to Craigieburn Road/C722
- Turn right onto Aitken Boulevard
- Turn left onto Central Park Avenue.
Free parking is available in the car park directly behind the centre.
The centre at a glance
- The learning centre provides facilities and support to all Deakin students, including those studying online or at a campus.
- Just like a campus, there's a well-equipped classroom and access to study rooms and other learning resources.
- The learning centre is part of the Hume Global Learning Centre, which houses the Craigieburn library and an on-site cafe.
- We work alongside the Kangan Institute of TAFE and the City of Hume to bring higher education courses closer to your home.
Everything you need
Reference copies of textbooks
A copy of the textbook for each core unit delivered at the learning centre is available for on-site use.
Our library features a 60,000-strong collection, meeting spaces and a children's storytelling area.
The centre is completely wheelchair-accessible and has accessible toilets.
Occasional care is available, giving you the time you need to study.
Get help structuring, referencing and completing your assignments.
Language and learning advisors
Get more in-depth help with academic writing and assignment preparation.
Maths mentors are available for assistance with numeracy and maths queries relating to your course.
Cloud Peer Assisted Study Sessions
For additional support, collaborate online with other students studying common units.
Study and meeting rooms
There are premium, connected rooms for conferences, meetings and studying.
Our cafe is the perfect spot for meetings, studying and catching up with friends.
Bachelor of Psychological Science
Psychology is concerned with understanding human personality, behaviour, emotion and underlying mental processes. Deakin's Bachelor of Psychological Science prepares students for the workforce or further study opportunities.
Bachelor of Health Sciences
Deakin's Bachelor of Health Sciences equips graduates with the skills needed to work in a variety of non-clinical settings within the health sector. For example, graduates might work in health promotion and physical activity.
Bachelor of Education (Early Years)
The Bachelor of Education (Early Years) is a dual accredited degree that provides employment options in early childhood, preschool and primary school settings.