Infrastructure and Property Group
+61 3 5227 2262
The new precinct will be set amongst open space, mature trees and light-touched landscapes, and will feature:
- the extension of Baxter Drive to connect to Residences Road and improve pedestrian and service vehicle access
- 32 two-level townhouses, each housing 10 students
- a common room – for eating, socialising and studying
- a new town hall for gatherings and events, seating up to 300 people
- a village green – a large grassed area for recreation and leisure
- an administration building
- new pedestrian pathway connecting the precinct to Car Park 3, with improved amenity, lighting and security
- landscaping throughout new areas.
The development will be positioned within the established residential precinct and will be focused on the area currently featuring the tennis courts, car parking areas 9 and 10, and the grass area between Car Park 22 and Building FJ.
The accommodation precinct will:
- meet current and future demand for student accommodation at the Waurn Ponds Campus
- provide quality, affordable accommodation for the university’s students in Geelong
- provide an opportunity to attract additional international students to the Waurn Ponds Campus.
November 2019 – Baxter Drive extension commences
December 2019 – Construction of new buildings commences
February 2020 – Road works complete
February 2021 – Several townhouses plus communal buildings complete
April 2021 – Remaining townhouses complete