Program 2: ManuFutures Bootcamp
A 6-month mentoring program to further develop strategy, manufacturing testing and design and integrated business planning.
- Understand how to rapidly accelerate your business ideas to the next level.
- Focus on product engineering and creating Minimum Viable Product (MVP).
- Work in partnership with design houses, and business and product engineering consultants.
- Get pitch-ready to generate investment for your business.
- Access ManuFutures workspaces and infrastructure - Australia’s only advanced manufacturing facility of its type.
“We are the largest facility of this type in Australia: There are many accelerators and incubators in the market but none that have University resources and a new multimillion dollar commercial precinct included.” - Sameer Deshpande, Venture Services Manager, Deakin Innovations
Benefits of ManuFutures Bootcamp
Access to expertise
Bootcamp will be your doorway to Deakin’s experts, leading facilities, research capabilities and technology.
Create your MVP
You’ll develop a commercialisation plan to help establish your idea and path forward.
Build you networks
Not only will you build a robust network of mentors, academics and researchers across Deakin, but your external industry network will grow with the support of a team who will champion your commercial pathway.
Is ManuFutures Bootcamp right for you?
This program is right for you if you:
- are a start-up company
- have financial resources available to contribute to your business venture
- have a prepared business model
- have proof-of–concept for your product (design/model), have a Design Verification Plan (DVP) and a testing & validation plan
- can commit to six months to take your business concept to the next level through product engineering and business development
ManuFutures Bootcamp FAQ
Does Bootcamp cost anything?
Yes, participants will be expected to contribute a portion of the program cost.
Where is the program based?
Virtual or on campus at ManuFutures, Deakin University, Waurn Ponds.
Do I need to have a registered business?
Register your expression of interest
This project includes co-contributions from the Victorian Higher Education State Investment Fund (VHESIF).
For further information on our other VHESIF funded projects please visit the links below.