|Notice of Intent to Submit||M||Tuesday 19 November 2019|
|Expression of Interest||M||Opens 4 December 2019|
Closes 5pm 29 January 2020
Via VIC LIEF 2021 EOI
See Help sheet
|LE21 scheme opens in RMS||N/A||Wednesday 29 January 2020|
|Final application submitted to Research Office via RMS||M||Wednesday 4 March 2020|
Via RMS Submit to Research Office
|Certification forms||O||Wednesday 4 March 2020|
Email Deakin Research Grants
|Request Not to Assess||M||Wednesday 11 March 2020|
Email Deakin Research Grants
O - Optional / M - Mandatory
The LIEF scheme provides funding for research infrastructure, equipment and facilities to Eligible Organisations. It enables researchers to participate in cooperative initiatives so that expensive research infrastructure, equipment and facilities can be shared between higher education organisations and also with industry. The scheme also fosters collaboration through its support of the cooperative use of international or national research facilities.
Participating organisations involved in LIEF projects must commit a significant contribution of cash and/or in-kind and/or other material resources to the application having regard to the total cost of the proposed LIEF project and the relative contribution of named participants at the organisation..
The objectives of LIEF are to:
- support excellent basic and applied research and research training through the acquisition of research equipment and infrastructure and access to national and international research facilities; and
- encourage Eligible Organisations to develop collaborative arrangements with other Eligible Organisations and/or Partner Organisations for the acquisition and use of research equipment and infrastructure or access to national and international facilities.
Minimum request is $150,000 in a calendar year, for one year. *
Maximum level of funding provided by ARC is up to 75% of the total direct cost of the eligible budget items.
* One to five years if the application is for leasing infrastructure, equipment or facilities, the construction of research infrastructure, or subscription or coordinated access to international facilities and major national facilities.
How to apply
- Submit a Notice of Intent to Submit by the due date.
- Submit an Expression of Interest by the due date.
- Read the Grants Guidelines, Cross Scheme Eligibility FAQs and Instructions to Applicants - see below for links to ARC documents.
- Commence your online application on RMS.
- Use the DU templates provided below and liaise with your Case Manager as necessary.
- Organise relevant certification forms.
Documents and information
The ARC will no longer publish scheme specific documents on its website, but will make these available through GrantConnect. Links to scheme specific documents can be found below.
Policies and Strategies can still be found on the ARC website.
Templates, forms and tools
- A9.2 Major National Facility
- A10.2 International Facility
- C1 Project Description
- D7 ROPE Academic Career and Opportunities
- D8i ROPE Publication Context and Contribution
- D8ii ROPE Publication List
- D9 ROPE Ten Career-best Academic Outputs
- F2 Summary of Project Direct Costs
- F3 Justification
- F4 Details of non-ARC Contributions
- F5 Summary of Quotes
- G1 Research Support
- G2 Statements on Progress
- Other Documents
- Certification Form (Investigators and Organisations)
- LIEF Helpsheet
- Deakin University Salary Calculator
- Deakin University Data Management Advice