OPENS in Sapphire 21 OCT 2020
National Health and Medical Research Council
Faculties/IFM/IISRI/A2I2 to work with applicants to review, workshop and develop proposals
|All applicants to contact their Faculty/ IFM/IISRI/A2I2 Research Office to check their submission process|
For Faculty of Health applicants, visit Faculty of Health Research Grant Portal
|Submit a Notice of Intent to Submit (NOIS) for Deakin and Not Deakin-led applications||M||14 Sep 2020|
Email Deakin Research Grants
|Applications open in Sapphire||21 Oct 2020|
|Minimum data in Sapphire||M|
18 Nov 2020
Minimum data requirements must be met on Sapphire by this date. Applications that miss this deadline will not be able to proceed with NHMRC submission.
Final application in Sapphire and Certification form
11 Nov 2020
Complete and certify application on Sapphire
O - Optional / M - Mandatory
The Centres of Research Excellence (CRE) Scheme provides support for teams of researchers to pursue collaborative research and develop capacity in clinical, population health and health services research.
Funding will support four streams:
- CRE in Clinical Research;
- CRE in Health Services Research;
- CRE in Population Health Research; and
- CRE in Dementia Research (NEW for 2020 round).
For further information including outcomes from previous rounds, visit NHMRC CRE website.
How to apply
- Contact your Faculty/IFM/IISRI/A2I2 research office to register your intent to submit and determine their application development and review process. Applicants must work with their Faculty/Institute/SRC and School to develop a high calibre application
- Submit a Notice of Intent to Submit (NOIS) to Deakin Research Grants
- Read the NHMRC Guidelines and Peer Review document
- Plan and draft your grant proposal early. CIs should gather/update their individual Profile information on Sapphire.
- New Sapphire users should register for a Sapphire account early. All CIs and AIs will require a Sapphire account.
- Once the scheme is open, commence your application on the NHMRC Sapphire system.
- Contact the DR-Grants NHMRC team if you have any queries
- Organise the relevant DU Certification form
NHMRC documents for applications
Applicants should register and log into GrantConnect to download the applicable scheme documentation.
NB. 2021 round Guidelines have not been released. Applicants should use previous round documents to start preparing for their application
NHMRC application templates
Applicants should download the new round documents from GrantConnect when available. Previous round documents to assist you in preparing for your application: