National Health and Medical Research Council
|Faculties/IFM/IISRI to work with applicants to review, workshop and develop proposals||M||Deadlines vary depending on scheme.|
Specific information on open schemes can be accessed via DR-Grants NHMRC Funding Calendar
|Submit Notice of Intent to Submit (NOIS) form||M||Email to Deakin Research Grants|
|Applications Open on new NHMRC Sapphire system|
|Final application on Sapphire and certification forms||M|
Complete application on Sapphire
O - Optional / M - Mandatory
The Strategic and Leveraging Grant stream includes grant schemes from the current grant program that address identified strategic and national priorities and support leveraged funding. These are:
- Clinical Trial and Cohort Studies
- Targeted Calls for Research
- International collaborative schemes (eg. GACD, EU, NIH, NIHR)
- Centres of Research Excellence
- Development Grants
- Partnership Projects
- Partnership Centres
- Postgraduate Scholarships
- Other strategic initiatives (e.g. Boosting Dementia Research)
Limits may apply for each particular scheme but these grants are not capped relative to Investigator Grants, Ideas Grants and Synergy Grants
For information on any currently open schemes, please visit our NHMRC Funding Calendar
How to apply
- Contact your Faculty/IFM/IISRI research office to register your intent to submit. Applicants must work with their Faculty/Institute/SRC and/or School to develop a high calibre application
- Applicants approved to proceed by their Faculty/IFM/IISRI, must submit a Notice of Intent to Submit by email to Deakin Research Grants
- Plan and draft your grant proposal early; CIs should gather their individual CV information/updates.
- Read the Funding Rules and Instructions to Applicants.
- Commence your application on the NHMRC Sapphire system.
- Contact the DR-Grants NHMRC team if you have any queries.
- Organise relevant DU Certification form and AI consents.
Applicants will need to register and log into GrantConnect to download the applicable scheme documentation once released by NHMRC