Fields of co-operation
The favourably-sponsored areas of study for this program include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Information and Technology
- Material Sciences
- Life and Environmental Sciences
- Marine Science and Aquaculture
- Energy and Environment
- Nutrition and Physical Activities
- Public Health
- Intelligent Systems and Smarter Technologies
- Artificial Intelligence
- Education, Communication and Social Sciences
- Other areas of study approved by CSC and Deakin University
The China Scholarship Council and Deakin University will jointly sponsor up to 20 Chinese students each year to undertake a PhD at Deakin University.
This particular program is to undertake a PhD at Deakin University for up to 4 years (48 months).
Please visit the HDR Scholarship - China Scholarship Council - Deakin University PhD Scholarship program page for information on eligibility, benefits and how to apply.
Visiting PhD students
The China Scholarship Council and Deakin University will jointly sponsor up to 20 selected Chinese students each year to conduct studies and research at Deakin University.
This particular program is for Chinese visiting PhD students for up to 2 years (24 months).
Please visit the HDR Scholarship - China Scholarship Council - Deakin University Visiting PhD Scholarship program page for information on eligibility, benefits and how to apply.
Post-doctoral fellows and visiting scholars
The China Scholarship Council and Deakin University will jointly sponsor up to 10 post-doctoral fellows and visiting scholars each year to conduct research at Deakin University for up to 12 months.
Benefits from China Scholarship Council
- Living allowance in the form of a stipend plus health insurance for the duration of up to 12 months
- Australian visa application fees and a return international economy airfare to Australia
Benefits from Deakin University
- Necessary resources and equipment (office, laboratory, computer, network, library access, etc.) for the duration of the visit
All candidates need to satisfy the following selection criteria:
- be a citizen of the People's Republic of China at the time of application
- meet all Deakin admission entry requirements, including English proficiency
- be intending to pursue a PhD in one of the priority areas identified above
- satisfy any other selection criteria set out by the China Scholarship Council
Deakin University strongly recommends that candidates familiarise themselves with the CSC scholarship`s specific conditions on the CSC website prior to applying to the program.
Prior to applying for CSC funding as a post-doctoral fellow or visiting scholar at Deakin University, candidates must first find a supervisor to oversee their research while in Australia. A list of Deakin researchers and their contact details can be found on the University's find a researcher website.
Candidates should then contact the relevant School or Institute or potential supervisors directly to discuss their research topic and ensure that Deakin is willing to support their visit to Australia.
Applicants should submit an expression of interest via email to the identified Deakin supervisor. The deadline for submitting an expression of interest for a post-doctoral research or visiting scholar position at Deakin University is December 12th, 2019. The successful candidates will receive a copy of a letter of invitation by January 1st, 2020. Accepted candidates should then apply to China Scholarship Council.
For more information, please contact International Research Training within the Graduate Research Academy.