ManuFutures will support the development of 15 viable advanced manufacturing industries in the Geelong region.
This innovation hub offers a unique opportunity for creative and inspirational manufacturing enterprises that are designing for the future. Not only will they share the hub, which facilitates collaboration, but they'll also be able to leverage the expertise of Deakin's researchers, as well as our undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Ultimately, ManuFutures will contribute to the creation of high skill, high value jobs that can survive in the competitive global market.
ManuFutures at a glance
Tenants will have access to research staff, advanced equipment and multidisciplinary business and technical expertise, from both Deakin and our partner organisations.
Find out more about the benefits and opportunities for tenants, below.
Tenants have access to:
- flexible accommodation, including production areas from 150m2 upwards and office space
- collaborative working areas, breakout spaces, meeting and video-conference rooms
- centralised corporate facilities including front of office support, reception and a concierge service
- an events calendar focused on innovation, business knowledge, technical expertise, governmental access, capital raising and entrepreneurial activity
- project management support and mentoring, including business development and planning, financial planning and capital raising assistance
- Deakin's Work Integrated Learning students, through structured placement programs
- key Deakin research teams and researchers that align to their aims
- specialist technologies, equipment and knowledge through various Deakin centres.
Work alongside experts
Tenants work alongside internationally recognised experts in the field of collaborative innovation, and share the facility with like-minded businesses.
Other partner organisations already represented on campus include:
- Carbon Revolution
- SEA Automotive
- Carbon Nexus.
HeiQ sees great merit in the Deakin ManuFutures Geelong initiative. As a young start-up, HeiQ’s early years were built within a Swiss Incubator environment similar to ManuFutures, so we're well placed to speak to the potential benefits.
Our current tenants
ManuFutures will provide flexible leased production and administrative space for enterprises during their market penetration and growth phase, enabling and accelerating this growth through supporting their infrastructure and activities.
We offer all kinds of tenancy arrangements and can:
- support networks within inspiring co-working spaces
- supply large and small production bays that can be leased for up to five years, and are ready to fit out based on tenants' specific needs
- provide offices that can be leased for up to five years.
Conflux will use its base at ManuFutures to accelerate the development of its Conflux CoreTM heat exchange technology and adapt it to multiple market vertical applications. The flexible facility provides a level of certainty in the uncertain growth trajectory inherent in early stage companies. This means we can focus on our mission: Pioneering Thermal Technology.
For all enquiries about this facility, including detailed tenancy information, please email:
+61 3 5227 2213