Apply to articulate into a higher award.
Who can apply?
As a postgraduate student, you can apply to articulate from a lower award, such as a Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma to a higher award, such as a Graduate Diploma or Masters program.
You must successfully complete the lower award’s course requirements. Units completed in the lower award may be credited to the higher award when the articulation is processed.
Reasons you should apply
If your Deakin course has a defined pathway and you wish to progress from one completed qualification to a higher award.
Seek advice before you apply
Before applying for articulation, you should contact Student Central and speak to a Student Adviser for advice.
- Contact a Student Adviser.
- Selection for articulation is based on availability of places and academic performance.
- International students should consider how an articulation may affect their visa status.
How to apply
You need to complete a course articulation application form (PDF, 278.8KB) and email it to your faculty:
- Faculty of Arts and Education
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Health
- Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment
Submission of the application does not guarantee admission. Selection is based on the availability of places and academic performance.
When to apply
Deadlines for submission for articulation are:
|Trimester 2 2022||30 June 2022*|
|Trimester 3 2022||30 October 2022*|
|Trimester 1 2023||30 November 2022*|
* Closing dates subject to change
Outcome of your application
You will be notified by your Faculty (Domestic Students) or Deakin International Admissions (International Students) about the outcome of your application.
If unsuccessful, please discuss your options with a Student Adviser at Student Central.
Processing of your articulation application form
You will be notified by email once your articulation has been processed and you will see your course change in StudentConnect.
- Full fee paying students please note if you wish to take up a HELP loan or SA HELP on your new course then you must go onto StudentConnect and complete the electronic Commonwealth Assistance (HECS-HELP/FEE-HELP) again. You will also be required to add and verify your USI on StudentConnect if you have not already provided the University with one.
- Commonwealth supported students please note if you wish to take up a HELP loan or SA HELP on your new course then you must go onto StudentConnect and complete the electronic Commonwealth Assistance (HECS-HELP/FEE-HELP) again. You will also be required to add and verify your USI on StudentConnect if you have not already provided the University with one.
Please note if you are studying in the current trimester, your articulation won't be processed until results have been released.
If you have any questions about the progress of your application contact a Student Adviser at Student Central.