Apply to articulate into a higher award.

Who can apply?

As a postgraduate student, you can apply to articulate from a lower award, such as a Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma to a higher award, such as a Graduate Diploma or Masters program.

You must successfully complete the lower award’s course requirements. Units completed in the lower award may be credited to the higher award when the articulation is processed.

Reasons you should apply

If your Deakin course has a defined pathway and you wish to progress from one completed qualification to a higher award.

Seek advice before you apply

Before applying for articulation, you should contact Student Central and speak to a Student Adviser for advice.

  • Contact a Student Adviser.
  • Selection for articulation is based on availability of places and academic performance.
  • International students should consider how an articulation may affect their visa status.

How to apply

You need to complete a course articulation application form (PDF, 254.2KB)  and email it to your faculty:

Submission of the application does not guarantee admission. Selection is based on the availability of places and academic performance.

When to apply

Deadlines for submission for articulation are:

Trimester Closing dates
Trimester 2 2021 30 June 2021
Trimester 3 202130 October 2021
Trimester 1 2022 30 November 2021

Outcome of your application

You will be notified by your Faculty (Domestic Students) or Deakin International Admissions (International Students) about the outcome of your application.

If unsuccessful, please discuss your options with a Student Adviser at Student Central.

Processing of your articulation application form

When processed your course change will be seen in StudentConnect.

Domestic students - if you wish to take up a HELP loan or SA HELP on your new course then you must go onto StudentConnect and complete the electronic Commonwealth Assistance (HECS-HELP/FEE-HELP) again.

Please note if you are studying in the current trimester, your articulation won't be processed until results have been released.

If you have any questions about the progress of your application contact a Student Adviser at Student Central.

Last updated:
Page custodian: Division of Student Administration