Is completing a Rural Clinical Placement putting you under financial pressure?
The Faculty of Health Rural Clinical Support Grant can help you by easing financial stress and allowing you to have hands-on relevant work experience in a rural location.
The scheme is made possible due to funding provided by the Federal Government.
To meet eligibility criteria you must be
- a current Deakin student enrolled in a Rural Clinical Placement unit in either:
- a Commonwealth supported place (CSP) in an undergraduate bachelor’s degree or
- a postgraduate degree (Commonwealth supported place or full fee place)
- an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- on a placement of no less than two weeks in a rural area in a location with a RA2 to RA5 rating (you can confirm this at the Department of Health's DoctorConnect website)
Please note: applications are not presently open to students enrolled in course H311 Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery.
Applications for placements undertaken in the 2018 academic year will close on 10 December 2018 5pm.
Applications for placements undertaken in the 2019 academic year are being accepted now.
Please answer the following questions to apply for the Rural Clinical Support Grant.
Your application will be assessed and you will be advised of the outcome via email.
* denotes a mandatory field
Does your request for Financial Assistance relate to the following costs? Select no if you do not require any of the following.
Deakin University is collecting your personal information on this form for the primary purpose of determining your eligibility to receive a Rural Clinical Support Grant. It will also use this information to help plan for grants of this nature that may be developed in future years. For these purposes Deakin may also provide cohort-level summaries of this information to the Commonwealth Department of Health, in de-identified summary formats, as part of our annual reporting requirements.
You are not required to provide the information requested, however if the information is not provided, Deakin may not be able to determine your eligibility to receive a Rural Clinical Support Grant.
Information on privacy at Deakin is available at deakin.edu.au/footer/privacy. Questions about privacy may be directed to the Privacy Officer on (03) 5227 8524 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.