Is completing a placement in a rural or regional area putting you under financial pressure? The Faculty of Health Rural Clinical Support Scheme can help you by easing financial stress and allowing you to have hands-on relevant work experience in a rural location.
This application form is for Medicine students who are completing their fourth year GP rotation in a rural or regional area. If you are a Nursing or Allied Health student, please use the Rural Clinical Support Scheme (Nursing and Allied Health) application.
The scheme is made possible due to funding provided by the Federal Government and will only be offered to students while grant funds remain available.
To be eligible you must be:
- a current Doctor of Medicine student enrolled in HME941
- an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- completing your 5 week GP rotation in a rural or regional area with an RA2 to RA5 rating (you can confirm this at the Department of Health's Health Workforce Locator website - please use the 2016 Australian Statistical Geographic Remoteness Areas filter.
The following conditions apply to this funding:
- Students are not eligible for funding where the rural placement takes place within 50km of their home address
- Students may apply for funding only once they are enrolled and their GP rotation location in an RA2 to RA5 area has been confirmed by their clinical school administrator
- Where Deakin-owned residences are available, in lieu of receiving the allocated accommodation payments, students will be encouraged to access these residences and have the rent fees waived for the duration of their placement
Applications will be assessed on a case by case basis.
Applications for 2020 GP rotations are being accepted now.
Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*).
Deakin University is collecting your personal information on this form for the primary purpose of determining your eligibility to receive the Rural Clinical Support Scheme (Medicine). It will also use this information to help plan for grants of this nature that may be developed in future years. For these purposes Deakin may also provide cohort-level summaries of this information to the Commonwealth Department of Health, in de-identified summary formats, as part of our annual reporting requirements.
You are not required to provide the information requested, however if the information is not provided, Deakin may not be able to determine your eligibility to receive a Rural Clinical Support Scheme (Medicine).
Information on privacy at Deakin is available at deakin.edu.au/footer/privacy. Questions about privacy may be directed to the Privacy Officer on (03) 5227 8524 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.