The 2019 Work Integrated Learning (WIL) Student Support Scheme is an equity initiative funded by the Commonwealth Government grant via the Higher Education Participation and Partnership Program (HEPPP) to help increase access, participation and success of domestic undergraduate students from low socio economic status (SES) backgrounds. This University-wide program enables domestic undergraduate students from low SES/disadvantaged backgrounds to successfully undertake Work Integrated Learning (WIL) placements, and gain professional experience through a targeted work placement scheme, which incorporates skill building and dedicated career planning advice.
The program aims to provide access and participation to students from one of the following categories of financial hardship:
- Domestic undergraduate students who are able to demonstrate they are in receipt of a means-tested Centrelink benefit
- Domestic undergraduate students who are self-supporting with an income below $56,000
- Domestic undergraduate students who are supported by family or partner and the combined income is under $56,000
To be considered for the 2019 Work Integrated Learning (WIL) Student Support Scheme you must answer yes to one of the citizen requirements below:
- a domestic undergraduate student with an Australian citizenship, or
- a domestic undergraduate student with a Permanent Humanitarian Visa
To be eligible for the 2019 Work Integrated Learning (WIL) Student Support Scheme, you must be a current student enrolled full-time within the study period that the placement unit is enrolled within.
Applications for Trimester/Semester 1 2019 national and international based placements will open 12pm Tuesday 12 February 2019. (Applications for the Faculty of Health and Faculty of Arts and Education are now closed as funding has been fully allocated).
Applications for Trimester/Semester 2 2019 national based placements will open 12pm Tuesday 18 June 2019.
Applications for Trimester 3 2019 national based placements will open 12pm Tuesday 22 October 2019.
International based placements for Trimester/Semester 2 and Trimester 3 2019, applications will open 12pm Tuesday 12 February 2019.
Before completing the form, please ensure that your WIL unit appears as enrolled in StudentConnect.
* indicates mandatory field
Please select your campus of study from the options below:
WIL unit information
WIL placement details
Location of your WIL placement
Please enter 'TBA' if you are unsure about the address during the time of the application.
Eligibility for the WIL Student Support Scheme
Please upload a copy of your most recent Centrelink Income Statement OR signed Statutory Declaration (within last 2 months) indicating your financial situation of earning income below $56,000. Please state your financial earnings for 2017/2018 and estimated earnings for 2018/2019. You can also include any other statements of financial hardship that you are experiencing.
Submission of your application
Your application will be assessed and ranked on information you provide in your application and supporting documentation.
Any student who is found to have submitted false supporting documentation will be referred to your Academic Integrity Committee.
You must agree to the following conditions of the WIL Student Support Scheme:
- I declare that the information I have provided in this application is correct and complete
- I understand that any false or misleading information I provide will lead to rejection on my application
- I understand that if I do not complete the WIL unit of study I will be required to repay the total amount paid to me for the WIL Student Support Scheme back to the University
- I understand that I will be required to complete the online WIL Student Support Scheme evaluation form when my placement concludes
Deakin University is collecting your personal information on this form for the primary purpose of determining your eligibility to receive a Work Integrated Learning (WIL) Student Support Scheme. It will also use this information to help plan for grants of this nature that may be developed in future years. For these purposes Deakin may also provide cohort-level summaries of this information to the Australian Government, Department of Education and Training, in de-identified summary formats, as part of our annual reporting requirements.
You are not required to provide the information requested, however if the information is not provided, Deakin may not be able to determine your eligibility to receive a Work Integrated Learning (WIL) Student Support Scheme.
Information on privacy at Deakin is available at http://www.deakin.edu.au/footer/privacy. Questions about privacy may be directed to the Privacy Officer on (03) 5227 8524 or by email to email@example.com.