2019 Residential Unit Census Dates
This page contains the teaching periods and census dates for students studying a Residential Unit through Deakin Business School in 2019.
University opening dates
|New Year's Day||Tuesday 1 January||Closed|
|University holiday||Wednesday 2 January||Closed|
|University opens for 2019||Thursday 3 January||Open|
|Australia Day Holiday||Monday 28 January||Closed|
|Labour Day||Monday 11 March||Open|
|Good Friday||Friday 19 April||Closed|
|Saturday of Easter weekend||Saturday 20 April||Closed|
|Easter Sunday||Sunday 21 April||Closed|
|Easter Monday||Monday 22 April||Closed|
|Easter Tuesday||Tuesday 23 April||Closed|
|ANZAC Day||Thursday 25 April||Closed|
|Queen's Birthday||Monday 10 June||Open|
|AFL Grand Final Eve||Friday 27 September||Closed|
|Melbourne Cup||Tuesday 5 November||Open|
|University holiday||Monday 23 December 2019 - Wednesday 1 January 2020||Closed|
|Christmas Day||Wednesday 25 December||Closed|
|Boxing Day||Thursday 26 December||Closed|
|New Year's Day||Wednesday 1 January 2020||Closed|
|University opens for 2020||Thursday 2 January 2020||Open|
*When CLOSED is indicated, please note that our libraries may still be available on some days when the Uni is closed, please check the library website to confirm opening hours.
Residential units are offered through Deakin Business School. For a full list of units available, fees and further information, visit Residential units.
|Monday 4 March||Teaching period begins|
|Sunday 7 April||Census date|
|Thursday 23 May||Teaching period ends|
|Monday 29 April||Teaching period begins|
|Sunday 2 June||Census date|
|Thursday 18 July||Teaching period ends|
|Monday 27 May||Teaching period begins|
|Sunday 30 June||Census date|
|Thursday 15 August||Teaching period ends|
|Monday 16 September||Teaching period begins|
|Sunday 20 October||Census date|
|Thursday 5 December||Teaching period ends|
Census date explained
The census date is important as it is the last date to finalise aspects of your enrolment and fee obligations as detailed below.
International fee-paying students - last day to withdraw from current Residential study period and receive a 50% refund
- Last day to withdraw from units, intermit from current Residential study period or discontinue course without HECS-HELP/FEE-HELP liability
- Last day for Commonwealth supported, HECS-HELP, FEE-HELP or SA-HELP students to make full or partial upfront payments for current study period
- Last day for Commonwealth supported students to submit online Commonwealth Assistance Form and/or provide their tax file number (TFN)
- FEE-HELP - last day for domestic fee-paying students to apply for FEE-HELP or pay fees up front for the study period
- Last day to withdraw from current Residential study period without incurring the Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF).
Last day to withdraw from current Residential study period units without reference on academic record
Login to StudentConnect to check your fees or change your enrolment.
For further assistance contact Student Central.