2020 Research Degree dates
Dates relating to scholarships and international fees are listed here for students studying a research degree.
Applications for candidature without scholarship may be made at any time. Applications for candidature and scholarships must be made by the applicable deadline. Commencement of candidature is not confined to Deakin's trimesters.
For further details on research scholarships available and application deadlines, see Scholarships.
Please note that the Doctor of Psychology (Clinical or Health streams) has only one yearly intake. More information is at Deakin's How to apply.
2020 Research Degree Census dates
|2020 Quarter 1 Census date for international candidates||Tuesday 31 March|
|2020 Quarter 2 Census date for international candidate||Tuesday 30 June|
|2020 Quarter 3 Census date for international candidates||Wednesday 30 September|
|2020 Quarter 4 Census date for international candidates||Thursday 31 December|
|New Year's Day||Wednesday 1 January||Closed|
|University opens for 2020||Thursday 2 January||Open|
|Australia Day Holiday||Monday 27 January (in lieu of 26 January)||Closed|
|Labour Day||Monday 9 March||Open|
|Good Friday||Friday 10 April||Closed|
|Saturday of Easter weekend||Saturday 11 April||Closed|
|Easter Sunday||Sunday 12 April||Closed|
|Easter Monday||Monday 13 April||Closed|
|Easter Tuesday||Tuesday 14 April||Closed|
|ANZAC Day||Monday 27 April (in lieu of 25 April)||Closed|
|Queen's Birthday||Monday 8 June||Open|
|AFL Grand Final Eve||TBC||Closed|
|Melbourne Cup||Tuesday 3 November||Open|
|Christmas Day||Friday 25 December||Closed|
|Boxing Day||Saturday 26 December||Closed|
|New Year's Day||Friday 1 January 2021||Closed|
|University opens for 2021||TBC||Open|
*When CLOSED is indicated, please note that our libraries may still be available on some days when the Uni is closed, please check the library website to confirm opening hours.
Census date explained
The census date is important as it is the last date to finalise aspects of your enrolment and fee obligations as detailed below.
International fee-paying students - last day to withdraw from current Semester and receive a 50% refund.
- Last day to withdraw from units, intermit from current Semester or discontinue course without HECS-HELP/FEE-HELP liability
- Last day for Commonwealth supported, HECS-HELP, FEE-HELP or SA-HELP students to make full or partial upfront payments for current Semester
- Last day for Commonwealth supported students to submit online Commonwealth Assistance Form and/or provide their tax file number (TFN)
- FEE-HELP - last day for domestic fee-paying students to apply for FEE-HELP or pay fees up front for Semester
- Last day to withdraw from current Semester without incurring the Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF).
Last day to withdraw from current Semester units without reference on academic record.
Login to StudentConnect to check your fees or change your enrolment.
For further assistance contact Student Central.