Readmission Following Exclusion
Readmission information for students enrolled in Business and Law courses only.
Students who have been excluded due to academic progress issues may be eligible to apply for readmission to their course.
You must apply to the Faculty that owns your course:
Course codes starting with A or E: Faculty of Arts and Education
Course codes starting with H: Faculty of Health
Course codes starting with S: Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment
Students who have been excluded for academic progress may be eligible to apply for readmission to their course. The minimum period of exclusion is one academic year (three trimesters), pursuant to section 8.2 of Regulation 05.03 (1) Assessment and Academic Progress in Higher Education Award Courses.
Students must apply for readmission to the Faculty Academic Progress Committee (FAPC) by the following readmission closing dates:
(Domestic and International Students)
(Domestic Students Only)
Note for International Students: the earlier application deadlines are in line with Deakin International timelines necessary for visa processing.
Students are required to complete an application form and study plan as part of this process.The FAPC considers the following when assessing readmission applications:
- any work, study or other experiences undertaken by a student whilst on exclusion;
- a student's proposed strategies to enable successful progression through the course;
- the quality of the study plan provided
Please note the following:
- Students should provide certified copies of transcripts and other documents to support their application (statements about study undertaken whilst on exclusion will not be accepted unless documentary evidence is provided)
- Students should check the University Handbook (see resources tab) when writing their study plan. Plans that show realistic workloads and completion timelines will be looked upon favourably (Faculty recommended study hours per week per unit = 10 hours)
- Readmitting students will be allowed to enrol in a maximum of 2 units and will be required to engage with study support in their first trimester back
For enquiries regarding readmission following exclusion, please contact the Student Progress and Retention Team at: email@example.com