Business students can participate in structured WIL programs facilitated by Deakin, or you can source your own opportunity. Find out more information about the various options available to you, below.
The units below are available to students looking to find their own internship and have that experience counted towards their degree.
Key features of a self-sourced internship
- The placement duration must be between 100-160 hours (unless otherwise stated).
- You must submit an online application through our online application system, InPlace, have it approved and be enrolled all prior to beginning your first day of the placement.
- There must be at least five full time employees on site. Telework or work-from-home arrangements will not be supported.
- Placements can be paid or unpaid (unless otherwise stated).
- Retrospective applications (including applications for Credit for Prior Learning) are strictly not accepted.
Please ensure that you have read the WIL Student Guide (PDF, 1.3MB) and the FAQs on our website prior to applying. In order to complete the application process correctly and efficiently on your first attempt, the WIL Team has provided a step-by-step guide to submitting an application. Please use this whilst developing your application.
Please note 2020 self-sourced applications will open on Monday 16 December 2019