Business students can participate in various structured WIL programs facilitated by Deakin, or you can source your own opportunity. Depending on the opportunity, it will fit into one of the five enrolment areas below.
Some of the units below are available to students looking to find their own internship and have that experience counted towards their degree.
Key features of a self-sourced internship
- The placement duration must be between 80-160 hours for Internship or Cultural Engagement positions, or at least 3 months for Industry Based Learning
- There must be at least five full time employees at the organisation
- Placements can be paid or unpaid (unless otherwise stated)
- Placements can be working from home if the correct supervision is in place
- You must submit an online application through our online application system, InPlace, have it approved and be enrolled all prior to beginning your first day of the placement.
- Retrospective applications (including applications for Recognition for Prior Learning) are strictly not accepted.
If you are currently employed and have been for at least 6 months, you may wish to discuss with the WIL team a 'Work Based Learning' application.
Please note the following closing dates for 2020 self-sourced applications:
- Trimester 2, 2020 - Applications close 2 August
- Trimester 3, 2020 - Applications close 1 December