Welcome to the School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences and congratulations on receiving your offer to study at Deakin University.
The information provided below will assist you in enrolling for the upcoming academic year. Common course grids are provided in the course sections below, or you can make an appointment with a course advisor to help you create one. We recommend that all students see a course advisor at least once at the commencement of their course.
Please read the information carefully and if you have any questions, contact a Student Adviser on (03) 9251 7777, firstname.lastname@example.org or make an appointment via the Student Adviser contact page
We wish you well for your studies.
- Each student should have a course structure that they need to refer to. Common course grids are provided in the course sections below, or you can make an appointment with a course advisor to help you create one.
- Students who have graduated from Deakin College (formerly MIBT) should make an appointment with a Course Advisor to check their course plans and to ensure that the credits from their Diploma course have been awarded appropriately.
How to enrol on StudentConnect
How do I choose electives?
Option 1 – Undertake a major sequence or specialisation (unit set)
- It is not mandatory to undertake a major sequence or specialisation but it is highly recommended.
- Majors can be selected from within the Faculty of Health or any other Faculty, subject to availability and pre-requisites.
- Students who wish to undertake majors from other Faculties will need to refer to the course's handbook, for example, Bachelor of Commerce for Business majors, Bachelor of Arts for Arts majors or Bachelor of Science for Science majors.
- If you wish to undertake a major or specialisation, please ensure you enrol into the 'unit set' via StudentConnect to avoid graduation issues later.
Option 2 – Undertake additional units from selected study areas
In addition to the units listed in the majors, the Faculty of Health offers a number of other units related to exercise and nutrition. Students may like to take some of these additional units as electives to strengthen their knowledge and skills (subject to campus availability and having met any pre-requisite requirements if applicable).
These additional units can be found in Deakin's handbook.
Using the 'Search for a unit' link in the handbook, students can find the units by typing one of the following options into the 'Enter a unit code' field OR use the 'Advanced unit search' for more options.
- HSH: Units related to health promotion
- HSE: Units related to exercise
- HSN: Units related to nutrition and food studies
- HPS: Units related to psychology
Option 3 - Undertake units of interest as electives
Subject to course rules, campus availability and having met any pre-requisite unit or cohort requirements (units only available to students in a particular course) students may take any Deakin unit that they would like to study as an elective.
Bachelor degree students may study a maximum of 10 credit points at level 1 and a maximum of 8 credit points of electives can be studied from outside of the Faculty of Health.
Students can search for a complete listing of units offered throughout Deakin via the online handbook. Using the 'Search for a unit' link in the handbook type one of the following options into the 'Enter a unit code' field OR use the 'Advanced unit search' for more options.
- A: All Arts units offered by the Faculty of Arts and Education
- E: All Education units offered by the Faculty of Arts and Education
- H: All units offered by the Faculty of Health
- M: All units offered by the Faculty of Business and Law
- S: All units offered by the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Technology
Refer to course Course Handbook
Intermit your course (take a break from study)
Faculty of Health student support - special consideration, further intermission, final unit to complete, academic progress
Please refer to the online handbook for the most current and up-to-date course and unit information.