WNCIT - In the media
- Why nutrition in medical education?
- Nutrition Competency Framework
- Toolkit Components
- Useful Links
- Project Personnel
- In the Media
2017 Caryl Nowson (CN) Invited speaker. NIH Working Group meeting on “Advancing Nutrition Education, Training and Research in the Medical Community,” Bethesda, Maryland, September 7-8, 2017
- Caryl provided an international perspective on the development of competency based curricula. She shared her work from Australia and New Zealand on the development of competency base nutrition curriculum for medical students.
2017 Caryl Nowson presentation & workshop: 10th Asia Pacific Conference on Clinical Nutrition. Incorporating the Joint Annual Scientific Meeting of the NSA and the NSNZ, November 2017
- Presentation: The Impact On Assessment Tasks Of Embedding Nutrition Into Medical Course Curriculum At Deakin University
2018: The Need for Nutrition Education / Innovation Programme (NNEdPro), Fourth International Summit on Medical Nutrition Education and Research, 19th/20th July 2018 Cambridge. The theme of this conference - ‘Nutrition as a Hard Science’. Four-day Cambridge Summer School, 14-17th July 2018. The summer school organised by NNEdPro and leads to a certificate in Applied Human Nutrition.
- CN presenting at both the Summer school and at the NNEdPro Summit CN: Invited Lecturer. Nutrition in Medical Education summer courses & International Summit for Medical Nutrition Education and Research, Cambridge University. Posters: Nutrition Content of Assessment Tasks at Deakin University Medical School, Geelong (Victoria, Australia): 2013- 2016; Robyn Perlstein, Janet McCleod, Nicole Stupka, Colin Bell, Scott McCoombe, Caryl Nowson.
- NUTMED: Deakin University Medical Nutrition. Student Interest Group. Robyn Perlstein, Janet McCleod, Nicole Stupka, Colin Bell, Scott McCoombe, Caryl Nowson
Presentation: Nutrition 2018: the first independent American Society of Nutrition (ASN) conference (was Experimental Biology) Annual meeting, Boston.
- Presented in the Medical Nutrition Educators’ Network session “Working towards required nutrition competencies of Australian medical students”. 2 posters: “ A Food Labelling Team-based Learning Activity Delivered to Australian Medical students”; “Amount & Type of Nutrition Questions included in Exams of a 4-year Post Graduate Medical Course”
- 2018 ANZAHPE Conference. July 2018, Hobart, Tasmania
- Poster: “A Food Labelling Team-based Learning Activity Delivered to Australian Medical students” Scott McCoombe, SOM Deakin
Workshop: Australia and New Zealand Network of the Need for Nutrition Education / Innovation Programme (ANZ NNEdPro) at the Nutrition Society of Australia Canberra Group In Collaboration With The 42nd Annual Scientific Meeting.
- Aim: To share experiences and ideas in improving nutrition education in health profession education. Presentation: NUTMed student representative ( Johanna Mousley Deakin University) presenting on the NUTMED student nutrition interest group.
2019 5th International Summit on Medical Nutrition Education and Research Thursday 11th July 2019, Cambridge; Summer School in Applied Human Nutrition. Homerton College, Cambridge. July 5th-9th 2019.
- Caryl Nowson presented on the Introduction to Nutrition & Non-Communicable Diseases
2019 NNEdPro Australia and New Zealand Network Regional Meeting - December 2019 2nd December, The University of Newcastle
- Caryl Nowson and Robyn Perlstein presented on Nutrition Competencies for medical gradates.