Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment students only.
To be eligible to apply to be a Mentor you must:
- Have completed at least two trimesters of study at Deakin
- Have achieved a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 70
- Be available to attend one of the compulsory training days for the relevant trimester (see table below)
Mentors who have attended full day training in the past only need to attend half day training prior to each trimester they will be mentoring in.
- Obtain a Working with Children Check (WWC)
A WWC is free for Volunteers. Visit the WWC website for more information
- Be available throughout the first 5 weeks of trimester to conduct weekly mentor meetings (approximately 2 hours per week). Mentors are also encouraged to participate in additional PSN activities throughout the trimester.
Position Description for the Mentor role (PDF, 186.6KB)
Application and training dates:
|Trimester|| Trimester 1 2021|| Trimester 2 2021|| Trimester 3 2021|
| Applications Open||
Monday 9 November 2020
Monday 8 March 2021 ||
Monday 12 July 2021
| Applications Close||
Sunday 24 January 2021
Sunday 20 June 2021
Sunday 10 October 2021
- Tuesday 9 February 2021
- Thursday 11 February 2021
- Tuesday 16 February 2021
- Thursday 18 February 2021
- Tuesday 29 June 2021
- Thursday 1 July 2021
- Tuesday 26 October 2021
- Thursday 28 October 2021
Applications received during the relevant open period will be assumed to be applying for the next available trimester.
Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*).