Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment students only.
To be eligible to apply to be a Mentor you must:
- Have completed at least two trimesters of study at Deakin
- Have achieved a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 70
- Be available to attend one of the compulsory training days for the relevant trimester (see table below)
Mentors who have attended full day training in the past only need to attend half day training prior to each trimester they will be mentoring in.
- Obtain a Working with Children Check (WWC)
A WWC is free for Volunteers. Visit the WWC website for more information
- Be available throughout the first 5 weeks of trimester to conduct weekly mentor meetings (approximately 2 hours per week). Mentors are also encouraged to participate in additional PSN activities throughout the trimester.
Position Description for the Mentor role (PDF, 186.6KB)
Application and training dates:
|Trimester||Trimester 1 2020|| Trimester 2 2020|| Trimester 3 2020|
||Monday 11 November 2020||
Monday 09 March 2020||
Monday 13 July 2020|
||Sunday 26 January 2020||
Sunday 14 June 2020||
Sunday 27 September 2020|
||Friday 14 February 2020|
Wednesday 19 February 2020
Thursday 02 July 2020||
Thursday 29 October 2020|
||Thursday 13 February 2020|
Tuesday 18 February 2020
|Wednesday 01 July 2020||Wednesday 28 October 2020|
Training (Deakin Downtown - Melbourne CBD)
||Friday 21 February 2020||
Applications received during the relevant open period will be assumed to be applying for the next available trimester.
Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*).