Sexual harm support

The kind of support you need can change over time. You may find that talking to family or friends is all you want, or you might be looking outside your usual networks. It is up to you to decide if, where and when you seek help.

At Deakin

Our services

Ask us about:

Centre Against Sexual Assault (CASA)

Deakin also offers on-campus CASA support at Burwood and Warrnambool. Please refer to details below for campus-specific information or to make an appointment.


  • Services provided by Eastern Centre Against Sexual Assault (ECASA)
  • Appointments available every Tuesday on campus in the Health and Wellbeing Centre, with a female counsellor/advocate.
  • Contact Deakin Medical Centre for an appointment 9244 5577 or email for advice.
  • Contact ECASA directly by phone on 9870 7330 / 9870 7310 or email
  • After hours call 1800 806 292 (Sexual Assault Crisis Line – 24 hours)


  • Barwon Centre Against Sexual Assault BCASA provide priority appointments at their Geelong office.
  • Contact BCASA on 5222 4318 during business hours for an appointment
  • After hours call 1800 806 292 (Sexual Assault Crisis Line – 24 hours)


  • Service provided by Southwest Centre Against Sexual Assault (SWCASA) at Warrnambool campus during Trimester 1 and 2 only.
  • Contact Student Life for an appointment or email to gain information and advice.
  • Contact SWCASA on 5564 4144 during business hours to make an appointment
  • After hours call 1800 806 292 (Sexual Assault Crisis Line – 24 hours)

External Support

  • Family and friends: Many survivors find help and support through family and friends however it can be hard to decide when and who to tell. The following questions may help. Would the person: Respect your privacy? Listen and not blame? Let you decide what to do?
  • National Hotline for Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault: 1800RESPECT (1800 737 732)
  • Centres for Sexual Assault (CASA)
  • Private psychological support: Ask your GP about your eligibility for a Mental Health Care Plan and for a referral to a private psychologist. Domestic students will be largely covered by Medicare. International student? We advise you to check with your overseas health care provider to see if you are covered for this service.
Last updated:
Page custodian: Division of Student Life