Videoconferencing, phones and audiovisual
Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
Video conferencing, phones and audiovisual
Help with calls, voicemail, videoconferences and messaging.
Videoconferences are held in Skype for Business meetings, which are scheduled video calls with a unique reference that participants use to join via Skype for Business (Lync), Outlook Web App, in a meeting room, or on the phone.
How to join a videoconference
You join a videoconference by joining a Skype for Business meeting.
- How to join a Skype for Business meeting via Skype for Business on a PC or Mac
- How to join a Skype for Business meeting via Outlook Web App
- How to join a Skype for Business meeting from a Deakin video conferencing room
- How to join a Skype for Business meeting from a phone
How to book a videoconference
You book a videoconference by creating a Skype for Business meeting. If any participants wish to join from a meeting room, you will also need to book a room that has videoconferencing facilities.
- How to Create a Skype for Business meeting on a Windows PC
- How to Create a Skype for Business meeting on Outlook Web App
- How to setup a videoconference with an external contact using Skype for Business
- Find a room with videoconferencing facilities
- How to book a meeting room
How to join a Virtual Meeting Point (VMP)
- Videoconference dialling instructions for staff and students
- Videoconference dialling instructions for external parties
Skype for Business help
Making Skype for Business phone calls
Choose the device that you want to make the Skype for Business call from.
Checking voicemail with Skype for Business
Choose the device from which you want to check your voicemail.
Changing your Skype for Business number
Thank you for your feedback
If there's anything else we can help you with, just ask in the box above.
More help with answering your question
Here are some ways to get more help in answering your question.
Try asking us again
Use the box at the top to ask the question with different words and phrases.
This system works best if you ask one question at a time and use natural language. For example, “How do I set up a print queue” or “What’s my password”.
Send us a support ticket
If you can’t find the answer you’re looking for here, you can send us a support ticket.
Or you can call us on the numbers below, Mon-Fri 8am-8pm and weekends 11am-5pm.
|Geelong||03 5227 8888|
|Melbourne||03 9244 6888|
|Warrnambool||03 5563 3888|
|Off-campus||1800 463 888|
|International||+ 61 3 5227 8888|
There was an error submitting you feedback. Please try again later