Professional Skills Uplift Courses
The Professional Skills Uplift program delivers an uplift of transferable skills on contemporary and emerging topics to our higher degree by research students.
What we offer
This program of self-paced online courses aims to support and empower HDR students by offering short courses that will expand training activities in employability and career skill development, during COVID-19 and beyond.
We recognise the importance of education and training so we have partnered with DeakinCo. to offer a range of free professional skills uplift courses to:
- develop professional skills and technical knowledge
- extend leadership capabilities
- enhance employability and career opportunities.
Who it is offered to
The Professional Skills Uplift program is open to all HDR students that have completed their confirmation of candidature and have a consumed load of less than 3.5 years.
This is the perfect window for students to complete this additional skills training during their HDR journey.
Our Professional skills uplift courses are flexible, diverse and student driven.
- Courses are 100% online, offering flexibility to study anywhere, anytime and around your other commitments.
- Our bite-sized courses can be completed in 4-6 hours
- Get a DeakinCo certificate of completion for each course or validate your skills with an optional Professional Practice Credential.
- Includes 52 different courses offered across 19 capabilities - released in stages
- Courses are offered at 3 levels within each capability topic (Proficient, Practitioner, Advanced)
- Optional Skills Hub assessment tool to assist students in identifying appropriate course level to complete
- Choose up to 8 courses per student
Covering contemporary topics and emerging fields, our range of short courses have been designed to equip students with business and communication skills to set them up to succeed in a professional environment.
Training course themes will be released in stages and include:
|Capability topics||Release date|
|31 August 2020|
|30 September 2020|
|31 October 2020|
|To be determined|
Access the courses
Learn the most sought-after skills of today at a time and pace that suits you.
Our online short courses are ready when you are. Visit the Individual Learning Plan (ILP) and search for 'Professional Skills Uplift'
Please contact Researcher Development in the Graduate Research Academy for further information.