Deakin has Flexicar share cars located on campus for student use.
The Flexicar service is simple – once you’ve created an account online, you just need to book a car via the website or app. And if you sign up with your Deakin email, you won’t need to pay the registration fee.
Register for a Flexicar student account
Find a Flexicar at Deakin
Elgar Road side of campus – outside building MB (Uganda Street) and in Car Park 12
Main campus - in Car Park 18.
Car Park 20
Car Park 2 and outside Building P
Car Park 2 – enter from Smythe Street
Waurn Ponds Campus
East of Building LA, Car Park 19 outside Building NA and on Baxter Drive near student residence buildings
- Flexicars are owned and managed by Flexicar, not Deakin.
- Deakin is unable to help with things such as cancellations, preferred cars, the process for pickup, cleaning, maintenance, or problems with fuel cards. Call Flexicar direct on 1300 363 780 if you have any issues and they will be able to help.
- If you notice something is wrong with the car, report it via the Flexicar app or call Flexicar before you start driving.
- Flexicars can be booked 24/7 by anyone with an account, so it’s important to make sure your pickup and drop off times are accurate. If you’re unsure how long you’ll need the car, we recommend booking it for the maximum amount of time in case plans change.
- Returning a car late may incur a fee from Flexicar, as well as inconvenience the next person who has booked it.
- To avoid cancellation fees, you must cancel or amend your booking at least four hours before it starts. If you don’t provide four hours’ notice, you will incur a Flexicar fee.
- If you have any issues with the car – including difficulty with the fuel card – please call 1300 363 780 immediately (rather than the Campus Operations transport team).