Other visa options
Deakin University is unable to provide information to students about other visa options. It is recommended that you either employ the services of a Registered Migration Agent or contact the Department of Home Affairs directly if you wish to explore the possibilities of migration to Australia or remaining on a temporary visa.
It is important to note that Registered Migration Agents charge for their services and you should shop around for the best price before you make a decision. The Department of Home Affairs can provide you with general advice, but will not assist you with your actual application process.
A list of Registered Migration Agents can be found at the Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA) website.
Department of Home Affairs contact details
To contact the Department of Home Affairs about GSM or Employer Nominated visa schemes, please refer to the details below:
For GSM enquiries, which includes information on the skilled graduate 485 visa under the transitional arrangements, phone - 1300 364 613 or send an email to the Department of Home Affairs.
For any Employer Sponsored related queries, which includes 457 or ENS/RSMS, phone - 131 881. There is no email address for this contact centre.
Some useful links for other visa options
- Australia and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO)
- Skilled Occupation List (SOL)
- Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List (CSOL)
- Temporary graduate visa (Subclass 485)
- Employer nominated (visa subclass 121 and 856)
- Regional sponsored migration scheme (subclass 119 and 857)
- Victorian Government (State) nomination
- Apply for Victorian (State) nomination
- The migration points test (see from page 17 onwards)
- SkillSelect - expressing your interest for migration
- Visa options for working in Australia