Library Student Assistants
Library Student Assistants provide support to Library clients across all campus libraries. The Library Student Assistant service operates throughout the academic year, with working hours varying at each campus. Library Student Assistants must be a current Deakin University student who has completed at least 1 year of study. Library Student Assistants work with the Library Advisory Services team to assist their fellow students in several ways.
This can include:
- Greeting clients at the Library entrance
- Providing Library tours
- Responding to basic enquiries
- Assisting with directional questions
- Supporting clients in locating and using Library resources
- Maintaining appropriate noise levels
- Helping with printing, scanning and photocopying
- Shelving Library collection items
If you are interested in applying for a role as a Library Student Assistant, keep an eye on Deakin University Library Facebook or Twitter, along with Deakin Talent. Applications usually involve submitting a cover letter, resume or CV including a referee, and a document that addresses the key selection criteria.