Orientation Ambassador Program
Do you want to help new students in making a smooth start at Deakin? Are you enthusiastic, approachable, motivated, reliable with good communication and interpersonal skills? Do you have excellent campus knowledge? Then the Orientation Ambassador Program is for you!
What is Orientation Ambassador?
The Orientation Ambassador is an orientation peer mentor program that aims to help new students make a successful start at Deakin. The Orientation Ambassador provides social and practical on-campus support for new students during Orientation.
Taking part in the Orientation Ambassador Program provides students with a lot of great opportunities such as:
- Opportunities to gain new practical skills
- Professional development and training opportunities
- The chance to make new friends and work collaboratively as part of a large and fun team
- Being a friendly face, make a positive impact and welcome new students starting at Deakin University
You will also be invited to an annual Thank You celebration and will receive a Certificate of Recognition upon successful completion of the program.
Applications for T1 2020 close on 17 January, 2019. All successful applicants must attend compulsory training and have a valid Volunteer Working With Children Check (PDF, 145.8KB).
Have a question?
If you have any questions, or would like to express your interest for a position outside of the recruitment time, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students are recruited as Orientation Ambassadors to support new students by participating in Orientation events and activities, such as:
- Providing practical support to new students during Orientation
- Supporting new international students to participate in the International Student Welcome
- Delivering campus tours
- Conducting student surveys
This is a voluntary opportunity open to all Deakin students.
Senior Orientation Ambassador:
To be eligible for the Senior Orientation Ambassador position, previous volunteer experience is preferred, but not essential. Responsibilities would include:
- Providing leadership and additional support to the Orientation Ambassadors.
- Contribute to the delivery of Orientation Ambassador Program training and briefing sessions.
- Participate in Program Planning and Evaluation discussions.
This is a casual employment opportunity open to all Deakin students.
This opportunity will re-open in T2, 2020.