2020 National Students as Partners Roundtable
24–28 August 2020, Virtual Conference
Students as Partners creates space for students and staff (academic or professional) to work together on teaching, learning, curriculum, and governance. As a way of thinking, Students as Partners shifts the educational paradigm of learning and teaching as something staff do to students to education as a shared endeavour done with students. Increasingly adopted around the globe, Students as Partners has led to the transformation of practices and an array of positive outcomes for both students and staff.
The annual National Students as Partners Roundtable brings together students, academics, and professional staff from educational institutions to explore innovative and transformative developments in areas of Students as Partners initiatives and practices.
The event provides an opportunity to:
- Share Students as Partners practices, ideas, and experiences
- Discover new ways of considering Students as Partners in higher education
- Network with a diversity of Students as Partners practitioners
- Harness the creativity of staff and students to address teaching and learning challenges.
2020 Students as Partners Roundtable
Deakin is proud to host this year's Roundtable as a virtual event due to the impact of COVID-19. More than ever, we believe it important to stay connected with each other. This is an opportunity to explore how we foster partnerships through the use of digital tools while we are physically distant from each other, and to reflect on the learnings through this experience to inform our future SaP work.
Deakin has a strong pedigree of digital innovation, and we plan to leverage this at the virtual Roundtable to explore how technology can support partnerships. Further, the Roundtable provides us with an opportunity to share Deakin's Students as Partners Framework and journey.
2020 Students as Partners - Keynote Speakers
The Roundtable will be hosted by Deakin staff and students with live sessions running between 9.30-11.30am AEST across the week of Monday 24 to Friday 28 August. We are excited to have a range of invited keynote staff and students including:
- Professor Sarah O’Shea, (PhD, PFHEA, CF) Director, National Centre for Student Equity in Higher Education
- Ms Trish McCluskey, Pro Vice-Chancellor, Learning and Teaching (Interim), Victoria University
- Lizi Thomas, PhD candidate, Victoria University
- Professor Lisa Hanna, Dean of Students, Deakin University
- Shefali Dorepalli, Student Partner, Deakin University
- Associate Professor Kelly Matthews, University of Queensland
- Yifei Liang and Preeti Vayada, Student Partners, University of Queensland
2020 Students as Partners Roundtable - Get involved
There will be plenty of opportunities to be involved throughout the Roundtable week, including continuing conversations each day via online discussion spaces, but we also invite attendees to formally participate in the Roundtable as part of the case-study contribution parallel sessions and the human library.