Wellbeing Ambassador Program
Wellbeing Ambassadors are motivated and passionate Deakin students who help to promote the importance of health and wellbeing to the University community.
What Wellbeing Ambassadors do
Wellbeing Ambassadors are actively involved in Deakin’s health and wellbeing programs, including:
- promoting mental wellbeing, physical activity, healthy eating and sexual health
- helping students understand how and where to access Deakin’s health and wellbeing programs and services
- co-creating, co-designing and helping to deliver health promotion programs and activities
- supporting student engagement in health promotion programs and activities.
Wellbeing Ambassadors are empowered to influence what Deakin does with and for students, including the opportunity to lead and run programs.
Why you should become a Wellbeing Ambassador
Joining our Wellbeing Ambassador Program will give you the chance to:
- gain new practical skills
- undertake professional development and training
- make new friends and work collaboratively as part of a passionate and fun team
- have a positive impact on students, especially new students starting at Deakin.
Wellbeing Ambassadors are paid casual positions.
Current Wellbeing Ambassador Akie Chilukuri joined the program because they believe a helping hand and non-judgemental support can make all the difference:
‘I know how little it takes to show you care and mean something to someone. I hope to give others that time and space to care for themselves and highlight the immense value every one holds within them.’
Simran Kaur loves being a Wellbeing Ambassador because she she gets to be involved in so many different campaigns where learning and sharing knowledge never stops:
‘I love being the student voice creating a positive impact in the community. Students can talk to me without feeling judged, trust and learn from my experience. Sometimes we all forget to be kind to ourselves so reminding everyone to take care of their wellbeing is so crucial.’
Who’s eligible and how to apply
Wellbeing Ambassadors are current Deakin students who have completed a minimum of eight units of study and have at least two trimesters still to complete. You’ll be in the role for a minimum of 12 months.
All successful applicants must attend compulsory training and have a valid employee Working with Children Check.
You’ll also need to:
- demonstrate an interest in health promotion, prevention and public health
- have a strong awareness of Deakin’s health and wellbeing services
- be passionate about championing student health and wellbeing
- this is a paid casual employment opportunity open to all Continuing Deakin students.
Recruitment for Wellbeing Ambassadors is open annually at the end of each calendar year.
Have a question? Contact us at email@example.com