Student Services Ambassador Program
Would you like to be on the front line of delivering awesome Orientation, social, health and wellbeing, and graduation events for other Deakin students – and get paid at the same time? Our Student Services Ambassadors help the Student Services team to ensure that all Deakin students have a great experience at uni.
What is a Student Services Ambassador?
Our Student Services Ambassador Team provides logistical and administrative support for events and programs at all stages of the student journey, from Orientation through to Graduation! Student Services Ambassadors will build their leadership and communication skills by engaging and connecting with students and sharing their in-depth knowledge of Deakin.
The Student Services Ambassador role is a casual paid employment opportunity (at a Hew 1 level) which also works using a "Students as Partners" approach. This means that there will be opportunities for Ambassadors to participate in partnership activities (such as design workshops and planning committees) to help co-create events, programs and activities that enhance the student experience.
How to become a Student Services Ambassador?
Essential qualifications and experience
- Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven capability to work positively and effectively as part of a diverse team
- Ability to work independently and proactively where required
- Demonstrated commitment to time management
- Strong knowledge and awareness of Deakin campuses and services
Desired knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of Students Helping Students programs and Students Helping Students Best Practice Principles
Applications for 2023 are now closed. Applications for 2024 will open in July 2023.
Have a question?
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.