Become a Maths Mentor
Being a Maths Mentor not only provides a fantastic paid job, it also enhances your own study and employability by developing a myriad of knowledge and skills, which may include all of the Deakin Graduate Learning Outcomes.
Maths Mentor positions are open to all current Deakin students who have:
- Good academic results with WAM (average results) greater than 65% and high achievement demonstrated within maths related units.
- Will have completed at least eight undergraduate Deakin units by the beginning of T1 2022.
Recruitment for Maths Mentor positions takes place September – October each year for the following year. All applicants should complete the online form by end of Week 1 T3.
Mentors are recruited from ALL faculties
If your application is successful you will be expected to successfully complete all phases of the recruitment process including completion of online self-access training modules, quizzes and a group training day.
Training covers areas such as;
- What it means to be a mentor
- Effective mentor behaviours
- Understanding the boundaries of peer-professional working relationships
- Effective communication