Studying at TAFE is a great way to get into your dream course at Deakin.
How it works
Say you'd love to get into Deakin's Bachelor of Arts, but unfortunately you don't meet the requirements for getting in. Don't worry! Another option is to complete a diploma at TAFE in an area related to arts. For example, you could spend a year studying a Diploma of Graphic Design at your local TAFE. Then, you'd begin your journey into Deakin's Bachelor of Arts and receive credit towards your degree. Easy!
Benefits of TAFE pathways
- Two qualifications – completing a TAFE course before studying at Deakin means that you'll come out of your degree with two qualifications – one from TAFE and one from Deakin. This not only adds another qualification to your resume, but potential employers often find this mix of theoretical and practical knowledge attractive.
- Make it a smooth transition – the jump from high school to university can be quite challenging for many students. TAFE offers a staged approach to learning, easing you in to study at tertiary level.
- Flexibility – getting a TAFE qualification first helps get you working, earning and networking sooner in an area relevant to your studies. If you gain employment once you've completed your TAFE course, Deakin's flexible part-time study options allow you to work and study at the same time
- Study locally – if you live far away from Deakin, relocating and living costs can be quite high. By spending some time studying at your local TAFE first, you can save even more money.
- Potentially save money – if you receive 8 credit points from your TAFE course towards your Deakin degree, that's equivalent to a full year's worth of study. You could therefore save money by replacing a year at university with a year at TAFE.
Before starting your TAFE course, wouldn't you feel more comfortable and secure knowing there is a guaranteed place for you at Deakin afterwards? By studying at one of Deakin's guaranteed entry TAFE partners, you can.
As long as your study performance meets the required standard, you'll be guaranteed a place at Deakin after completing your TAFE course. You'll also benefit from substantial credit from prior learning, meaning that the work you did at TAFE will count towards your degree.
So, find your dream Deakin course below and explore the TAFEs that can get you a guaranteed place at Deakin.
Bachelor of Arts
Bachelor of Creative Arts (Visual Communication Design)
Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
Bachelor of Criminology
Bachelor of Commerce
Bachelor of Property and Real Estate
Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering (Honours)
Bachelor of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Honours)
Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Honours)
Bachelor of Information Systems
Bachelor of Design (Architecture)
Bachelor of Design (Architecture)/Bachelor of Construction Management (Honours)
Bachelor of Construction Management (Honours)
Credit for prior learning – Deakin partnerships
In addition to our guaranteed entry TAFE partners, Deakin has partnerships with many other TAFEs, offering credit for prior learning.
Interested in learning more?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1300 DEGREE (1300 334 733) to speak to one of our friendly team members.