Applications for Trimester 1 2022 open 6 September 2021.
Applications for Trimester 1 2022 close 24 January 2022 at 5pm.
Cash payments up to $7000 over 1.5 years (total value of this scholarship is $7000).
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must be:
- a domestic student
- a commencing student enrolled in Trimester 1 2022 in your first year of an undergraduate degree
- enrolled full time in a Commonwealth supported place at Deakin's Warrnambool campus (on campus study).
Preference will be given to students enrolled in the following courses:
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Environmental Science (Marine Biology)
- Bachelor of Education (Primary)
- Bachelor of Health Sciences
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
As a scholarship recipient, you must:
- maintain a minimum WAM of 50 for the duration of the scholarship
- be prepared to attend a meet and greet with the donor
- complete a yearly impact statement for the duration of the scholarship
- provide an introductory statement about your goals for study and what it means to receive the scholarship.
As part of the application process you will also be required to upload supporting documentation.
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
The supporting documentation required includes:
- evidence of your financial hardship
- evidence of your medical condition
- evidence of your other hardship.
Applying for a scholarship isn't just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, it’s your opportunity to stand out from the crowd and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you need to go.
Warrnambool campus scholarships
When applying directly to Deakin, select the 'Warrnambool campus scholarships' option and, if eligible, your application will automatically be considered for a Warrnambool Residential Scholarship as well as our range of donor-funded scholarships for the Warrnambool campus.
This reduces the number of scholarships you have to apply for and increases your chances of receiving a Deakin scholarship.
How to apply
Apply directly to Deakin
You can apply for this scholarship directly to Deakin through our Scholarship Application Portal.
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
If you are successful, you will be contacted by the email address you nominated within your application portal account, unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. If you have not received an offer by this time, you have been unsuccessful. You can view the status of your application via your scholarship application portal account.
Next offering period
This scholarship is yet to be confirmed for any future offering periods. Please check back at this page at a later date for any updates.