CloudDeakin for Students
Guides for students seeking assistance using CloudDeakin and associated applications.
Student Help & Guides
CloudDeakin for Staff
Guides for staff seeking assistance creating resources for CloudDeakin and associated applications.
Staff Help & Guides
What's New in CloudDeakin 10.6 Upgrade?
Depending on the role you've been assigned, not all features are available to all users.
- Unit Chair has the ability to restore deleted news item.
- Unit Chair can now use the NOT operator:
- Not completed checklist, checklist item
- Not achieved competency, learning objective
- Not visited content topic
- Not threads added/replies to topic/forum
- Not submitted assignment
- Not grade item
- Not completed quizzes
- Not completed survey
- Viewing PDF document – Documents no longer converted to images, users can now search on PDF, text selection and use hyperlinks.
- Unit Chair has the option to be prompted to choose a folder when dragging and dropping files to Resources.
- Ability to track submissions.
- When creating groups, Unit Chair has the ability to set the Group Prefix, set the self enrollment expiry date and ability to auto-allocate unenrolled users after self enrollment expiry date.
- Ability for students to leave group after self enrolled into groups.
- Ability to set multiple IP address and preview random questions when setting up quizzes.
- Standard deviation, discrimination index and point biserial per question are now available under Question Stats and Question Details tabs for non-random questions.
- Unit Chair can export event log of quiz attempts.
- Quiz timer (available to students when taking quizzes):
- If a quiz is set for more than an hour long, the clock flashes when there are 10 minutes remaining.
- If quiz is set for less than an hour long, the clock flashes when there are 5 minutes remaining.
- Regardless of timer, clock flashes when there is 1 minute remaining.
- New set of icons released by D2L.
- Previously, Unit Chair, Lecturer, Marking Tutor, Tutor, Marker and External Marker were displayed as Staff role under My Site Widget. In 10.6, it displays role that you’re enrolled in Classlist.