CloudDeakin for Students
Guides for students seeking assistance using CloudDeakin and associated applications.
Student Help & Guides
CloudDeakin for Staff
Guides for staff seeking assistance creating resources for CloudDeakin and associated applications.
Staff Help & Guides
CloudDeakin July Release (28/7/22)
- Assignments - The submission view now reflects the new Turnitin feature names that match CloudDeakin’s user interface styling and text. The column titled Turnitin Similarity is now Turnitin Similarity Report. The column titled Turnitin GradeMark is changed to Turnitin Online Grading. Teaching staff can now restrict file types to those supported by Turnitin.
- Browser - Users of browsers older than the supported browsers will receive a gentle message indicating "Your browser is looking a little retro" encouraging them to upgrade their browser upon login:
- Chrome 100+ (released March 2022)
- MacOS Safari 15+ (released Sept 2021)
- Firefox 99+ (released April 2022)
- Microsoft Edge 100+ (released April 2021)
- Chrome OS Chrome 100+ (released March 2022)
- iOS Safari 15+ (released Sept 2021)
- Android Chrome 100+ (released March 2022)
CloudDeakin June Release (24/6/22)
- Manage Files - Now, the New File and Edit File options in Manage Files open in a new tab in the user's browser in order to support more efficient editing. By allowing the editor to open in a new tab, the advanced code editor dialog now opens fully.
- Rubrics - If teaching staff change the status of a rubric to Archived, now, there are no effects on the alignment of rubrics to any assessment activities or previous evaluations that were completed using the rubric. The Archived rubrics continue to display and can be used for evaluation. The Archived tag appears under the Rubric title.
The Rubric selection dialog window now includes the first two rows of the rubric description to enable teaching staff to better identify the version of a rubric when its name is being reused for a current rubric.
CloudDeakin May Release (27/5/22)
- HTML Editor - Users see a new and improved context link menu in HTML Editor.
- Learning Environment - This feature introduces a colour change to fonts and icons in the learning environment to meet WCAG guidelines.
- Manage Files - When a user attempts to upload a file containing one or more illegal characters in the file name, the error message is updated to The filename is invalid. Please ensure that the filename is not blank and does not include the characters \/:*?"<>|
CloudDeakin April Release (29/4/22)
- Groups - When teaching staff create and save a new group category, the Groups tool displays the category and prompts that their group or groups are being created in the background; further, it indicates that the teaching staff will be notified once the groups are created.
- HTML Editor - Minor visual updates made to the advanced code editor to increase the readability of tags and text and place the Save and Cancel buttons in consistent locations. Improved compatibility with screen reader technology is also included in this feature.
- Intelligent Agents - The changes to the Create Agent page include:
- A modernised user interface. This is a visual upgrade and does not impact functionality.
- Scheduling options have been moved to the top of the page.
- The ability to expand/collapse each section on the agent creation page (Scheduling, Criteria, Actions) to improve usability.
- Two new agent frequency options: One-Time Run and Hourly.
- The existing Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Annually options all now have a Scheduled Time option that users complete to determine what time that the agent will run on the dates scheduled for the agent to run.
- The Subject line of the agents' emails now supports up to 128 characters. This brings it inline with the Email tool. Previously, the character limit was 100 characters.
CloudDeakin March Release (25/3/22)
- Announcement - Ability for teaching staff to copy announcement.
- Platform - a stylistic upgrade to the layout of the show/hide interface.
CloudDeakin February Release (25/2/22)
- Content - The Print and Download buttons are now available when viewing a topic in fullscreen.
- HTML Editor - A new tab is now added to the existing Attributes menu, allowing users to enter page attributes for language and/or title when viewed.
- Intelligent Agents - The ability to create, assign, and manage categories; and a new Bulk Edit for some agent details: title, category, and active/inactive state.
Page custodian: Deakin Learning Futures Last updated: