CloudDeakin for Students
Guides for students seeking assistance using CloudDeakin and associated applications.
Student Help & Guides
CloudDeakin for Staff
Guides for staff seeking assistance creating resources for CloudDeakin and associated applications.
Staff Help & Guides
What's New in CloudDeakin 10.6.3 Hotfix? (17/12/16)
- Ability for teaching staff to export quiz and survey data using the Export to Excel button in Quizzes and Surveys.
What's New in CloudDeakin 10.6.3 Upgrade? (22/10/16)
- Video Note now uses HTML5 and has removed dependencies on Adobe Flash technology.
- Turnitin LTI-based integration - refer to Turnitin Feedback Studio guide for more details.
- Ability for teaching staff to specify a different number of quiz attempts allowed for individual students in the Special Access tab.
- There is a new group category type called Single user, member-specific groups. Using this group category creates a group with a single user where the first name and last name of the student is the name of the group.
- Bug fixed - Previously the subject of unread discussion posts in the Grid View did not appear in bold. The subject of unread discussion posts in the Grid View is now appeared in bold.
What's New in CloudDeakin 10.6 Upgrade? (25/6/16)
Depending on the role you've been assigned, not all features are available to all users.
- Unit Chair has the ability to restore deleted news item.
- Unit Chair can now use the NOT operator:
- Not completed checklist, checklist item
- Not achieved competency, learning objective
- Not visited content topic
- Not threads added/replies to topic/forum
- Not submitted assignment
- Not grade item
- Not completed quizzes
- Not completed survey
- Viewing PDF document – Documents no longer converted to images, users can now search on PDF, text selection and use hyperlinks.
- Unit Chair has the option to be prompted to choose a folder when dragging and dropping files to Resources.
- Ability to track submissions.
- When creating groups, Unit Chair has the ability to set the Group Prefix, set the self enrollment expiry date and ability to auto-allocate unenrolled users after self enrollment expiry date.
- Ability for students to leave group after self enrolled into groups.
- Ability to set multiple IP address and preview random questions when setting up quizzes.
- Standard deviation, discrimination index and point biserial per question are now available under Question Stats and Question Details tabs for non-random questions.
- Unit Chair can export event log of quiz attempts.
- Quiz timer (available to students when taking quizzes):
- If a quiz is set for more than an hour long, the clock flashes when there are 10 minutes remaining.
- If quiz is set for less than an hour long, the clock flashes when there are 5 minutes remaining.
- Regardless of timer, clock flashes when there is 1 minute remaining.
- New set of icons released by D2L.
- Previously, Unit Chair, Lecturer, Marking Tutor, Tutor, Marker and External Marker were displayed as Staff role under My Site Widget. In 10.6, it displays role that you’re enrolled in Classlist.