CloudDeakin for Students
Guides for students seeking assistance using CloudDeakin and associated applications.
Student Help & Guides
CloudDeakin for Staff
Guides for staff seeking assistance creating resources for CloudDeakin and associated applications.
Staff Help & Guides
CloudDeakin March Release (26/3/21)
- Assignment - When teaching staff copy an assignment, the copied assignment is set to inactive and directed to the Edit Assignment screen to continue editing it as part of the copy assignments workflow.
- Browser - Following the January release, CloudDeakin no longer support the legacy Microsoft Edge.
- Calendar - To improve the ease of use for users using the date and time picker in CloudDeakin, there have been updates to the web components related to date and time selection. These changes are intended to provide better usability for keyboard users and better integration with assistive technology.
- Quizzes - Now, the copy functionality is available on the individual quiz drop-down menu. When teaching staff copy a quiz, the copied quiz is set to inactive (as per the original copy quiz workflow) and directed to the Edit Quiz screen to continue editing it. Now, the copy quiz workflow also copies over Special Access settings.
- Rubrics - To increase the value of Rubrics in CloudDeakin, there have been accessibility improvements to the rubric creation workflow.
CloudDeakin February Release (26/2/21)
- Quizzes - Teaching staff can grant students accommodations through the Classlist tool. Once granted, these accommodations apply to all quiz activities in a site for that student.
- Rubrics - If teaching staff attempted to publish a partially completed rubric evaluation, the partial evaluation dialog appeared, now the default button behavior has changed so that tapping Enter on the page returns to the rubric to complete the evaluation.
- User Profile - Users can no longer upload SVG images in the User Profile due to security concerns.
CloudDeakin January Release (29/1/21)
- Browser - CloudDeakin now displays warnings (Your browser is looking a little retro) for browsers earlier than the following versions:
- Google® Chrome™ 85 (released Aug 2020)
- Apple® Safari® 13 (released in September 2019)
- Mobile Apple Safari 12 (released in October 2018)
- Mozilla® Firefox® 80 (released August 2020)
- Chromium-based Microsoft® Edge 85 (released August 2020)
- All versions of Microsoft Edge Legacy (in preparation for Microsoft’s end-of-support in March 2021)
We strongly recommend that all users access CloudDeakin with a supported browser.
- Quizzes - Written Response quiz questions that allow for file upload can now be imported and exported.
- Quizzes - In Roles & Permission, Edit Quiz Properties permission now controls the availability of the Retake Incorrect Questions Only setting on the Assessment tab.
CloudDeakin December Release (23/12/20)
- Quizzes - This release streamlines the interface for creating multi-select questions, making the workflow simpler and more intuitive. A new grading type is available in the classic and new multi-select question experience: Correct Answers, Limited Selections. For this grading type, points are evenly distributed across correct answers only.
- Quizzes - Teaching staff can now identify a Retaken Attempt while grading a quiz in the Quizzes tool on the User tab and the Attempts tab.
CloudDeakin November Release (27/11/20)
- Classlist - A new Search Type drop-down menu under the advanced search area which improve search results and speed of searching.
- Content - Additional statistics is now available to teaching staff.
- Grades - Manage Grades now includes total points for grade categories and Final Calculated Grade.
- Quizzes - A new feature called Retake Incorrect Questions Only is available to teaching staff under Quizzes Attempt settings. This option allows students to only retake their incorrectly answered questions from previous quiz attempts.
- Quizzes - A new Preview button is now available to teaching staff when adding/editing quiz questions.
CloudDeakin October Release (23/10/20)
- File Types (students) - For security reasons, students no longer able to upload the following file types: cgi, cmd, hta, jar, lib, pl, pm, ps1, sh and vbscript.
- Quizzes - When importing questions from Question Library, staff can now use the default end of quiz location for the questions, or choose to import the questions into a section.
CloudDeakin September Release (25/9/20)
- Quizzes - Ability to allow students to attach files, video and audio in their answers in Arithmetic and Significant Figures question types.
- Quizzes - Ability for teaching staff to search for sections in Question Library by section title. Teaching staff can also select multiple questions and move them all at once using the Move To menu.
CloudDeakin August Release (28/8/20)
- Assignments - Teaching staff who can add and edit Assignment folders can now copy existing assignments.
- Checklists - Teaching staff who can manage checklists can now copy existing Checklists.
- Classlist - Previously, enrolled users were not displayed in search results. When teaching staff enrol users, search results now include users who are currently enrolled in the site.
- Notifications - Previously, clicking on the link from the notification created a 404 Not Authorized error due to content that was subsequently hidden/deleted/conditionally released. Now, it states 'Item not available'.
- Quizzes - Ability to allow students to attach files, video and audio in their answers in Written Response question types.
- Quizzes - If teaching staff attempt to edit a quiz question with previous attempts, a warning message now appears to inform the staff member that editing quiz questions does not affect the content or automatically change the score of students' past attempts.