Building capability for success
Education, research and innovation activities at Deakin combine to create a unique opportunity to provide lasting value for our students and communities. To bring this to fruition, our leadership personnel, academic, research and professional staff bring their individual and collective knowledge and capabilities to ensure Deakin remains at the forefront of higher education now and into the future.
Our portfolios cross all areas of teaching, research and professional services, creating a vibrant and collaborative network of staff committed to building upon Deakin’s achievements.
The Vice-Chancellor Portfolio provides leadership and governance for the University, including responsibility for the University Council secretariat, media, communications and government relations, and risk management.
- Office of the Vice-Chancellor
- External and Government Relations
- Audit and Risk
The Research Portfolio provides strategic leadership for Deakin's research and innovation agenda, and holds overall responsibility for the University's research services. The portfolio aims to deliver and translate high-quality research and research training outcomes to improve the future of our communities.
- Deakin Research
- Institute for Frontier Materials
- Institute for Intelligent Systems Research and Innovation
- Applied Artificial Intelligence Institute
The Academic Portfolio provides strategic leadership for Deakin’s education agenda, student learning experience and student support. The portfolio leads Deakin's ambitious Education and Employability strategy, including the drive to premium digital learning.
- Deakin Learning Futures
- Dean of Students
- Graduate Employment
- Student Services
- Faculty Services
- Academic Governance and Standards
- Centre for Research in Assessment and Digital Learning (CRADLe)
- Indigenous Strategy and Innovation
The Futures Portfolio works to develop student markets in Australia and internationally, establishing partnerships with governments, industry and communities, and transforming and integrating Deakin's digital capabilities and campus infrastructure, operations and environments.
- Marketing and Recruitment
- Deakin International
- Residential Services
- Digital Services
- Infrastructure and Property
- Campus Operations and Sustainability
- Partnerships and Commercial
The Resources Portfolio provides significant strategic, advisory and operational services to the University community to transform ways of working that support a high-performing, sustainable, inclusive and innovative workplace.
- Office of the General Counsel
- Finance and Procurement
- Business Insights and Intelligence
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Deakin Reimagined
- People and Culture
- Customer Experience Service Hub
Deakin's academic staff provide world-class teaching across 4 faculties and 14 schools. Through teaching and research partnerships, our faculties make enduring contributions to local, regional and global communities.
- Faculty of Arts and Education
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Health
- Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment
Deakin's organisational structure
Our organisational chart demonstrates how responsibilities are distributed among our portfolios and faculties.