This scholarship is open to all students commencing studies. It is recommended that scholarship applications be submitted at least one month prior to commencing your studies at Deakin.
This scholarship is available for the normal duration of the course.
- All of your tuition fees or 50% of your tuition fees.*
- Participation in the Vice-Chancellor's Professional Excellence Program (VCPEP). Students will be required to participate in this program as part of the DVCIS scholarship.
- Priority place for on-campus accommodation (at own cost and subject to availability).
*This bursary will not apply to H911 (Doctor of Medicine).
Application eligibility criteria
To be eligible to apply for the scholarship applicants must:
- be a prospective international student for a coursework degree at Deakin University
- be eligible to study at Deakin University
- have achieved at least an 85% average (or equivalent) in previous studies.
All criteria must be met.
Selection of successful applicants for the fixed number of scholarships will be competitive and may require scores above the stated minimum requirements.
You are required to submit:
- a completed Deakin International Scholarship Program application form (PDF, 536KB)
- a personal statement (300 words)
- two references who can comment on your community engagement and/or leadership capacity
- a completed application to study at Deakin including academic transcripts.
Your personal statement must be written by you and reflect your personal views. It should contain:
- an outline of why you want to study at Deakin University
- an overview of any extracurricular activities and work experience (paid or voluntary) you have undertaken
- why you think you would make an outstanding ambassador for Deakin University
- any other information that will assist your application.
You may also be asked to attend an interview.
Applying for a scholarship isn't just about meeting the eligibility criteria. It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
Please email your completed form to the Deakin International Admissions office.
What happens next?
Competition for the scholarships is extremely competitive. Once we receive your scholarship application, your application will be ranked against other applicants from across the world based on academic achievement.
Scholarships are offered on a rolling basis in the months leading up to the start of trimester. Only applicants who are successful in receiving a scholarship will be notified of the outcome of their scholarship application.