Role of the Academic Board Executive Committee
The Academic Board Executive Committee is responsible for:
- advising the Chair of Academic Board in regard to matters which the Chair considers need to be dealt with before the next scheduled meeting of the Academic Board.
- advising Academic Board on the maintenance and orderly review of Academic Board membership.
- advising the Chair of Academic Board on the appointment of chairpersons and members of committees of Academic Board.
- providing advice and support to the Chair of the Academic Board to set the strategic direction of the Board.
- providing advice and support to the Chair of the Academic Board regarding the management of the Academic Board’s business, activities and operations of the Board, committee structure and associated responsibilities.
- assisting the Chair of the Academic Board to set the agenda of meetings of the Board.
- providing advice to the Chair of the Academic Board regarding any academic policy development and review issues.
- developing an annual Academic Board program of ‘hot topics’.
- considering annual faculty board self-review reports, on behalf of the Academic Board, and report to the Board on any recommended action.
- advising the Academic Board on and to make recommendations to the Academic Board regarding:
- a. the performance of the Academic Board and the terms of reference, composition and rules of operation of committees of the Academic Board both generally, and in particular, at the times at which the Academic Board and standing committees of the Academic Board review their own performance
- b. the conduct, maintenance and orderly review of the Academic Board operations including, but not limited to, the annual review of:
- i. the Academic Board’s obligations and powers under University legislation
- ii. the annual schedule of the Academic Board business
- iii. the Academic Board Standing Orders
- iv. the register of standing Academic Board delegations
- c. the University’s compliance with the Higher Education Standards Framework set down by the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency
- d. such further or other academic governance responsibilities as the Academic Board may refer to it.
- advising Academic Board on any matters referred to it by Academic Board and where specifically requested by Academic Board, to act on Academic Board’s behalf in relation to such matters.
- Chair, Academic Board
- Deputy Chair, Academic Board
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor Education
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor Research
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor Global Engagement
Chairs of Standing Committees
- Chair, Course Standards Committee
- Chair, Research and Research Training Committee
- Chair, Teaching and Learning Committee
- Chair, University Appeals Committee
- Director, Academic Governance and Standards