The new Deakin Law School Building (LC) (PDF, 858KB) will feature:
- five levels of flexible, active learning spaces for general purpose teaching
- two levels of student support and health and wellbeing services
- one level of staff workspace - a new home for the Deakin Law School.
It will also be Deakin’s first leading-edge sustainable building with key design features including: rainwater harvesting and use, glare control systems, activity and fitness spaces, and a fully accessible connection to end–of-trip active transport facilities.
The new building will be positioned between the Burwood Link pedestrian bridge and buildings MA and MB. See Campus Map here.
Infrastructure and Property Group
+61 3 924 46671
Flexible, collaborative spaces for staff and students
This project will deliver exemplary active learning and teaching spaces, consolidated student support services and staff office accommodation.
The new building will:
- Feature active learning spaces over five levels
- Include informal learning areas distributed throughout the building to facilitate collaboration and social learning
- Offer a consolidated range of relevant student support services such as the Disability Resource Centre, Health and Wellbeing Centre, Fitness Centre, a DUSA presence, Security Hub and Cafe
- Provide a new staff workspace for the Deakin Law School, which will include a Moot Court and professional meeting spaces
- Improve connectivity across the precinct and campus, including a fully accessible pedestrian link to Car Park 12
- Be designed to be flexible, interactive and adaptable to a range of different futures
- Be supported with basement level car parks, with additional parking available in nearby Car Park 12.
The student amenities will also provide a close link to the landscaped outdoor activity zones and recreation spaces.
What disruptions will there be on campus?
The construction of this building will result in some noise and access implications from mid-December 2017 through to mid-2020. The construction program is designed to minimise impact on key university periods such as orientation, exams and Open Day.
The first stage of impact will be the closure of the northern section of Car Park 11 in mid-December 2017.
It is expected that the new Deakin Law School Building (Building LC) will be operational for Trimester 2, 2020.
Learn more about the Deakin Law School.