The new Deakin Law School Building (LC) (PDF, 858KB) features:
- five levels of flexible, active learning spaces for general purpose teaching
- two levels of student support and health and wellbeing services
- one level of staff workspace - a new home for the Deakin Law School.
It's also Deakin’s first leading-edge sustainable building with key design features including: rainwater harvesting and use, glare control systems, activity and fitness spaces, and a fully accessible connection to end–of-trip active transport facilities.
The new building is located between the Burwood Link pedestrian bridge and buildings MA and MB. See Campus Map here.
Infrastructure and Property Group
+61 3 924 46671
Flexible, collaborative spaces for staff and students
This project has created exemplary active learning and teaching spaces, consolidated student support services and staff office accommodation.
The new building has:
- active learning spaces over five levels
- informal learning areas distributed throughout the building to facilitate collaboration and social learning
- consolidated range of relevant student support services such as the Health and Wellbeing Centre, DeakinACTIVE Fitness Centre, a DUSA presence, Security Hub and Cafe
- a new staff workspace for the Deakin Law School, which will include a Moot Court and professional meeting spaces
- wellness Garden – with large open areas to connect, study and collaborate, as well as quiet and relaxing zones
- improved connectivity across the precinct and campus, including a fully accessible pedestrian link to Car Park 12
- been designed to be flexible, interactive and adaptable to a range of different futures
- additional basement level car parks, as well as in nearby Car Park 12.
The student amenities will also provide a close link to the landscaped outdoor activity zones and recreation spaces.
Learn more about Deakin Law School.