Applications for Trimester 1 2022 open 6 September 2021.
Applications for Trimester 1 2022 close 24 January 2022 at 5pm.
This scholarship offers a one-off cash payment of $3000.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must:
- be a female domestic student
- be continuing and enrolled full-time in Trimester 1 2022 at Deakin University, in a specialist arts course within the School of Communication and Creative Arts and have completed at least 4 credit points* of study in:
- A352 Bachelor of Creative Arts (Photography)
- A357 Bachelor of Creative Arts (Drama)
- A356 Bachelor of Creative Arts (Dance)
- A359 Bachelor of Creative Arts (Visual Arts)
- A343 Bachelor of Design (3D Animation)
- A345 Bachelor of Design (Visual Communication)
- A351 Bachelor of Film, Television and Animation
- be able to demonstrate financial hardship.
Preference will be given to a student who was not born in Australia.
*Eligibility does not include recognition of prior learning (RPL) except where the units concerned have been completed at Deakin in another course of study. You must have completed 4 credit points at Deakin either in your current course or in previous courses having transferred into your current course.
As a scholarship recipient, you must:
- provide an introductory statement about what it means to receive the scholarship
- complete an impact statement at the end of the scholarship year
- be prepared to attend a meet and greet with the donor.
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your financial hardship.
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
Apply directly to Deakin
You can apply for this scholarship directly to Deakin through our Scholarship Application Portal.
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
If you are successful, you will be contacted by the email address you nominated within your application portal account, unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. If you have not received an offer by this time, you have been unsuccessful. You can view the status of your application via your scholarship application portal account.
Next offering period
This scholarship is yet to be confirmed for any future offering periods. Please check back at this page at a later date for any updates.