Applications for Trimester 1 2021 open 31 August 2020.
Applications for Trimester 1 2021 close 25 January 2021 at 5pm.
Cash payment up to $2000 per year.
Total scholarship value $6000 (dependent on satisfactory academic performance).
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must be:
- a female domestic student
- commencing at Deakin University in Trimester 1 2021 and enrolled full time in your first undergraduate bachelor degree offered by the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment
- enrolled full time at either the Geelong Waurn Ponds or Waterfront campus.
Preference will be given to a student interested in exploring a career in the water industry and those who are able to show outstanding commitment to supporting our communities.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview at Barwon Water in 2021.
As a scholarship recipient you must:
- maintain a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 65 for the duration of the scholarship
- provide an introductory statement about your study goals and what it means to receive the scholarship
- complete a yearly impact statement for the duration of the scholarship
- attend an interview as part of the selection process if shortlisted.
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your volunteering and/or community service (if applicable).
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through the Deakin Scholarship Application Portal.
Shortlisted students will be required to attend an interview in 2021.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation. Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed.
You'll find out if you were successful within six weeks of the application closing date. You can see the status of your application via your scholarship application portal account.
There may be an opportunity for you to undertake a paid work placement with Barwon Water over the summer break. This opportunity will be discussed with you at a later stage and is separate to this scholarship opportunity.