This bursary of 30% is available while you temporarily study online until the Australian borders open and you can study on campus.
To be eligible, all the below selection criteria must be met:
- Applicant should be a citizen of a South Asian country* (as applicable)
- Applicant should be residing in the South Asian country* at the time of application
- Applicant should be applying through any Deakin Authorised Agent based in South Asian countries*
- Applicant has met all the entry requirements for their selected course
- Applicant must qualify for one of the five bursaries or scholarships listed below to be eligible for this In-Country 30% Bursary.
Please note: this bursary is only available while you are studying online and living in South Asia. Once you are able to travel to Australia to commence your on-campus studies, you will no longer be eligible for this bursary, however you may be eligible for one of the following bursaries/scholarships, depending on academic and other eligibility criteria:
Deakin International Meritorious 20% Scholarship
Deakin International Meritorious 25% Scholarship
Deakin India Merit Scholarship (25%)
Deakin India Undergraduate Bursary (20%)
Deakin India Postgraduate Bursary (20%)
*List of countries in South Asia: India, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Mauritius, Myanmar, Nepal
All conditions must be met. This scholarship is conditional on acceptance of terms and conditions which will be specified in the acceptance form.
- Students arriving in Australia before the Trimesters census date, will no longer be eligible for the Covid Bursary, fees will be adjusted accordingly.
- Students arriving in Australia after the Trimesters census date, are considered as transitioning to on campus studies, you will be eligible for the bursary for this arrival Trimester/Semester, but not for future study periods.
How to apply
The 30% will be payable while you temporarily study online until the Australian borders open and you can study on campus
For more information, email the Deakin University South Asia Office.