Applications for Trimester 2 2022 open 16 June 2022.
Applications for Trimester 2 2022 close 14 July 2022 at 5pm.
Honours and graduate diploma students will receive cash payments up to $5000 over one year.
Masters students will receive cash payments up to $10,000, based on remaining course duration (payments of $625 per enrolled credit point for the remaining course duration).
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must be:
- an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait islander person
- enrolled full-time at Deakin University in Trimester 2 2022 in one of the following courses:
- Bachelor of Psychology (Honours) - must be a commencing student
- Graduate Diploma of Psychology (Advanced) - must be a commencing student
- Master of Psychology (Organisational) - must have a minimum of 8 credit points of study remaining
- experiencing an area of hardship that impacts on your ability to study.
Preference will be given to a student enrolled in the Master of Psychology (Organisational).
As a scholarship recipient you must:
- provide an introductory statement about your study goals and what it means to receive the scholarship
- complete an impact statement annually for the duration of the scholarship
- be prepared to attend a meet and greet with the scholarship donor.
There may be an opportunity for the scholarship holder to be invited to undertake paid work placement with the scholarship provider. The decision to accept any potential offer is the student’s and will not impact the their eligibility to receive the scholarship.
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your financial and/or medical hardship (if applicable).
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
Apply directly to Deakin
You can apply for this scholarship directly to Deakin through our Scholarship Application Portal.
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
If you are successful, you will be contacted by the email address you nominated within your application portal account, unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within four weeks of the application closing date. If you have not received an offer by this time, you have been unsuccessful. You can view the status of your application via your scholarship application portal account.
Next offering period
This scholarship is yet to be confirmed for any future offering periods. Please check back at this page at a later date for any updates.